Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1259997 times)

« Reply #1665 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »
Hey kids, do you realize that the Spider-Man movies are in a different universe than the Amazing Spider-Man comics? Do you realize that this means that Gwen Stacy doesn't have to die and Venom doesn't have to say "we"? Do you realize that critiquing stories based on versions of that story in other media merely because the story is different is an argument with no validity?

Sure, an argument like "It is cooler when Venom says 'we'," is okay, but the mere difference of facts is not a fault in and of itself.

P.S. One of my favorite series right now is Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, wherein Gwen Stacy is quite alive and well! :D

« Reply #1666 on: May 07, 2007, 09:56:19 PM »
That's what I was trying to tell everybody.  :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1667 on: May 08, 2007, 07:41:26 AM »
Hey kids, do you realize that the Spider-Man movies are in a different universe than the Amazing Spider-Man comics? Do you realize that this means that Gwen Stacy doesn't have to die and Venom doesn't have to say "we"? Do you realize that critiquing stories based on versions of that story in other media merely because the story is different is an argument with no validity?

Complaining is what fanboys do. If they didn't complain, then they'd have no way to absord nutrients and would slowly shrivel up and die, eventually providing food for other fanboys in the wild.
every

« Reply #1668 on: May 08, 2007, 04:51:13 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!!!11!!one!1

The teacher has chosen a few of us in the class to participate in a something called the "Gauss Math Contest". Guess who was one of the people to get chosen?

That's right, yours truely.

Isn't it cool? It's on the 16th of May. I can also use it to help me get into Colledges and Universities. I've learned a little bit about it, and it has about three pages; an easy side (anyone should know the answers), normal side (anyone in grade 8 should know the answers) and advanced (stuff we haven't learned yet in that we're supposed to learn in grade 9 & 10). So, I have a question to everyone that's passed grade 9 & 10; what kind of math concepts did you learn? I prefer that you are Canadian, since I've heard that America still uses the Imperial system (sometimes). I need as much help as I can get.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1669 on: May 08, 2007, 04:58:03 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!!!11!!one!1

That made me giggle.

Anywhich, here's a few pointers:

One and two usually equal three.
Remember to use numbers.
Square root is not a dental procedure.
No spoilers larger than six feet tall.
every

« Reply #1670 on: May 09, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »
I FINISHED THE STATE TEST IN LESS THAN THE 2 DAYS!

I actually started at 9:00 on Monday and worked till 12.
And then I started at 8:30 on Tuesday and finished at 11.

Pretty, sweet, eh? YEESH! Now I don't have to go tomorrow!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1671 on: May 09, 2007, 02:08:45 AM »
Good thing Robert wasn't chosen for the Spelling Contest.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1672 on: May 09, 2007, 09:43:26 AM »
I just now noticed to word "Colledges". Teehee.
every

« Reply #1673 on: May 09, 2007, 10:56:20 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1674 on: May 10, 2007, 09:04:27 AM »
They have Guitar Hero tournaments? Well, I'd be a shoe-in. I'm pretty good. On Easy. In practice mode. In slow-motion.
every

« Reply #1675 on: May 10, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »
I'm going to New Mexico (I know I said it, but the dates changes) from the 17-23! Longest I've been away from my city in California to anywhere else! w00t! (but it's sad, I know.)
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1676 on: May 10, 2007, 08:32:56 PM »
The expression is "shoo-in".
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1677 on: May 11, 2007, 10:55:29 AM »
Huh? You mean all my life I've thought it was "shoe-in"?

Well, now I fell dumb.
every

« Reply #1678 on: May 11, 2007, 11:44:01 PM »

Hawt.

By which I'm refering to the fact that Edge is champion, not Edge himself. Although I'm not too glad about how it came about, but considering his snake-ish nature, it was expected of him.

Sorry PaperLuigi/Jman, but I just have to cheer on the heel this time around. That is until one of the injured returns.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #1679 on: May 12, 2007, 12:14:34 AM »
My trip to Virginia is in less than a week, so I am HOPEFUL for that.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print