Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1265893 times)

« Reply #1830 on: June 09, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »
I'm HOPEFUL because I'm halfway through reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Then I just gotta read Half-Blood Prince and I'll probably have all the Harry Potter books reread before Deathly Hallows comes out! Yay!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1831 on: June 09, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »
I beat Devil May Cry just a minute ago.

Yes, the original.

*cough*
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1832 on: June 09, 2007, 04:22:19 PM »
I just got back from GameStop, and I now have the DS version of Puyo Pop Fever, the GB version of Qix (they're running their "buy two get one free" thing right now), and a younger brother with a DS. I also have access to at least one free month of Final Fantasy XI.

« Reply #1833 on: June 09, 2007, 04:25:08 PM »
I got Mario Party 8 today........I'm not sure I should be filled with ANGST or HOPE.......

Considering that I outplayed Wario the entire game and lost to him because he landed on more red spaces.......
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1834 on: June 09, 2007, 04:59:25 PM »
Oh no.. does that mean it's like Mario Party 7, where there are six or so bonuses that can be handed out, but the game randomly picks 3, and it's got stupid ones like most red spaces?

Bah! I was hopeful for this game.. but now I must have angst, even though I don't own a copy yet..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1835 on: June 09, 2007, 06:34:52 PM »
I would've won if I had taken off Bonus.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1836 on: June 09, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »
I got Excitebike for GBA the other day.  I'm also trying to beat SM64 DS. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1837 on: June 09, 2007, 11:52:47 PM »
School year is almost over.

Good thing to because I think I'm starting to find a certain girl at school attractive, which is totally weird because I haven't had a crush since like Elementary and stuff and back then I was into like Power Rangers and Pokemon. OH WAIT, I STILL AM.

Also, to continue the theme of Video Game related hopefulness, I now have Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. As fun as it is, I'm still clueless on performing combos so I'm still relying heavily on mashing random buttons. Oh, and they decheapafied E. Honda in Street Fighter Alpha 3, so I can no longer use the Hundred Hand Slap for instant KOs. So I had to go through different fighters to find a good match. I sucked with everyone except for Karin and Cammy, so I think I'm going to stick with Cammy because Karin has some pretty terrible moves.

As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #1838 on: June 11, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
Dang, yesterday was my 2nd anniversary here at the forums. :)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1839 on: June 11, 2007, 04:37:36 PM »
Oh no.. does that mean it's like Mario Party 7, where there are six or so bonuses that can be handed out, but the game randomly picks 3, and it's got stupid ones like most red spaces?

Bah! I was hopeful for this game.. but now I must have angst, even though I don't own a copy yet..

Man, I live off of the bonuses, usually.  Coin Star is usually won by yours truly, as well as Mini Game Star.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1840 on: June 11, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »
Oh yeah? I won ALL the minigames and still lost because Wario managed to collect more candy and ran more spaces. Talk about luck over skill. It's a crime.

« Reply #1841 on: June 11, 2007, 06:18:27 PM »
Dang, yesterday was my 2nd anniversary here at the forums. :)

really, that's so cool. I'm just happy about all that I'm learnin' readin' al these posts. ;D
Please hurt me not. I bow to you all. I know nothing!
The wii is not a toy! It is a recreational device used by people to play on screens by pressing buttons. and I think it's cool.^.^

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1842 on: June 11, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »
You haven't even scratched the surface yet, I"m sure.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1843 on: June 11, 2007, 10:16:12 PM »
I'm very HOPEFUL because I believe I am getting a cell phone next week. The cell phone in question is a Virgin Mobile Slice phone with, of course, Virgin Mobile supplying the service (Link.)
I really love this phone, even though it does not have a camera (web browsing instead, but I'd rather have the camera due to the extremely high-priced browsing fees) or folds. I'll be going with the pay-as-you-go plan, as I cannot afford the monthly charges nor do I think I'll be using my phone that much. I'm really looking forward to it.
* Mr. Melee continues gazing at pictures of the Slice
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1844 on: June 11, 2007, 11:39:10 PM »
Congrats Melee Man!

I want a Sidekick ID...because I would be texting more than actually talking. I'm a loner who doesn't talk on the phone much and the people she does talk to she gets roaming fees for talking to. :D Yeah, the people I talk on the phone to don't really live close by.

On the hopeful side:

I LOVE HAVING A BACKYARD!!!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print