Print

Author Topic: What Amuses You?  (Read 18272 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 09:29:05 PM »
And everyone else would stand there and chant "Awful Waffle! Awful Waffle! Awful Waffle!" until some adult came and broke everything up. To me, the Awful Waffle is ingenious and hilarious because they don't describe it past syrup and a tennis racket.

XD.  I picture a waffle strapped to a tennis racket, drenched in syrup, and then smushed in the kid's face. (sorry if I'm taking the funniness out of it)

DeadAwake: I think that humor is your every-day experience taken to an extreme case.  At least this is one kind of humor I really love!

From the sounds of it, it seems like Chupperson doesn't think that anything is funny.  Just kidding ;)

Here are two words put together that have made me laugh almost every time I hear them: Blow'd up
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:36:23 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 10:13:50 PM »
My friend John's pretty funny looking, so I laugh at him. Haha I'm kidding but he does make the funniest jokes.

I am really hialrious, man G-Dawg is smart.

I am amused by.....moslty most stuff that is amusing to most amused people on a high level of amusment..........while being amused. Other than that i like TV. Not really, reality TV is as real as most TV shows.
My life, as a squirrel.

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2006, 07:30:50 PM »
Well the most amusing thing happened to me today. My family and I were coming back from visiting the grandparents, and someone passed us and kept zooming ahead. (They had to be at least going 70 in a 55 zone.) Anywho, I commented "If that's not speeding...I don't know what is." And a couple of minutes later, a highway patrol man flipped a "U" and pulled them over...it was hilarious.

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2006, 07:46:31 PM »
70 in a 55?!  Sounds like somebody had to go real bad. >_<

You know, I just remembered something.  Last month I watched this hilarious video of the comedian Ellen Degenerous and she had a great message about procrastination.  It was so incredibly funny but the interesting thing was that it was like listening to a sermon but one loaded with humor and no spirituality.  Here's what it was like:

[Spoilers]At the beginning, Ellen started to talk about procrastination and I thought for sure that I knew what she was going to say (but I was so wrong).  Before she talked about procrastination she put it off for awhile to talk about other things, which I found hilarious.  She jumped from topic to topic about random stuff like frustrating objects (tough-to-open pickle jars, big rolls of thin toilet paper), looking stupid in front of other people, and lots more.  At the end of the show she finally got back on topic and convinced me that procrastination was a good thing. [/Spoilers]

So, at the end she said that procrastination can be a good thing because sometimes we hardly give people much of our time because we're so busy.  "We try to save as much time as we can... and what do we do with that time?  Absolutely nothing!"  I got a lot from that and now I try to remember to set time for other people and stop worrying about how I look.  I definitely suggest that anyone watch that movie because I think you'll enjoy it (a little offensive but not too much).  "Procrastinate as soon as possible!  Do not put it off." XD
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 07:49:43 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2006, 10:36:36 PM »
I saw that one!  It was really funny.  I liked her joke about how time-consuming yogurt is.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2006, 11:30:39 PM »
Dane Cook amuses me. And stand-up comedy in general.

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 07:36:18 AM »
Winnie the Pooh also amuses me. There are occasionally jokes in Winnie the Pooh that the target audience wouldn't get, and I like that, because I get it. "Maybe this belonged to my uncle! *holds up apple core* Whatever. *throws it behind him*"
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 09:18:33 AM »
What is a ducks favorite dip?

Quackamole!

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 12:05:40 PM »
I got amused yesterday because we went to this museum-type thing, and in this demonstration of the two-handed longsword in combat, there was some great comedy. Examples include crotch-kicking and the following:

Guy 1: If there's a four-foot piece of steel coming at you...
Both guys: GET OUT OF THE WAY.

Guy 2: It's never a good idea to fight with your shoe untied. *ties his shoe*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »
I noticed something amusing, today my sister went to mcdonalds for some happy meals (just for those Dead man's chest toys) i idn't eat the food, exept a few fries and a soda, Right now I was looking around the cup and noticed something strange: There was a picture of Ronald Mcdonald, of course, then a few inches on a picture of a girl is there, and she seems to be "Running away" from him. strange and amusing indeed. *blows bubbles from pipe*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »
Run away! Run away! XD

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2006, 09:38:27 PM »
My cousin and I went to McDonald's last week and she got one of those happy meals that day. I also noticed Ronald, but he was on the box, very randomly placed among the pirates. Normally I don't notice stuff like that, but it was so random.

Do they even use Ronald much for advertisement anymore? Back in the day they used to give away random Ronald and Grimace toys a few times a year but now it looks like every toy is based off a movie unless it's a Barbie/Hot Wheels promo (which they ALWAYS used to have in August). Now there's just a few random Ronalds here and there but you never see the others (Hamburglar, Fry Guys, the Mayor, etc). They tore this old McDonald's in my area down and the walls were plastered with pictures of these guys there (plus they were on this electric three-seat Merry-Go-Round that was in the place and all over the playground) but the new one they built in its place is pretty much character-free.

The McDonald's Merry-Go-Rounds used to amuse me. Instead of horses they had burgers on the heads. There were three of them on this little tiny Merry-Go-Round. I think it could either be automatically or manually controlled--I remember seeing this light switch that seemed to control it at some point. They took it out of most of the McDonald's in the late 1990s. They didn't play music or anything but some of them were a bit noisy (I'm not sure how well these things were built or if it's because ten kids would pile on one of the burgers at the same time). Most of the service plazas along the PA and Ohio turnpikes seemed to have them in the late 1980s/early 1990s, as did the one location I mentioned earlier. I think the outdoor playgrounds sort of replaced them.

If anyone still has one of these at their McDonald's I'd love to hear--it used to be half the fun of going to McDonald's for me.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2006, 09:43:31 PM »
Funny you should mention that, AB. I was just thinking about what happened to the McD characters almost a week ago. *goes off to the Coincidnece thread*

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »
I was just on this long trip back home, and we stopped at a Mcdonalds chiefly to go to the bathroom.  But inside, they had some game systems set up on the side like they have at GameStop, and Super Mario Sunshine was going.  I also remember at a Mcdonalds by my old school there was a Ronald statue sitting on a bench.  I think they removed those things after a kid got his head stuck in between his arm once or something.  There were also the Mcdonalds play places, which were pretty cool.  I was actually scared to go deep into it, because I would have gotten shocked,  So I usually stayed in the ball pit, which is one of THE best things about childhood.  I wish they made adult ball pits... but then it wouldn't be so special.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2006, 02:34:51 AM »
I hated those bench statues! They where so scary when i was a kid.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print