Print

Author Topic: unique errors?  (Read 2976 times)

« on: April 17, 2001, 01:32:12 PM »
something rather interesting just happened to me while I was cruising through Super Mario Bros (NES).  In world 3-1, just after the hammer bros and just before the beanstalk, I encountered an error that has never happened before.   In the ground right before the two brick ledges where the beanstalk is, the top half of a brick was visible above the ground.  When I attempted to jump over it, I became stuck in mid-air, only half-over the brick, not directly over it.  I can now walk, run, and duck, but I can't jump or do anything else.  So now my time is running out and I'm stuck in mid-air.

does anyone else have interesting unique errors to share in their game experiences?  This is my first post on this board.

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2001, 02:15:11 PM »
Well, there are countless glitches that you'll encounter in your gameplay.  Some more elusive than others.  Then there are those unique ones that only one person has seen.  I've never actually experienced any of these, but there is a person that has 0"00 best lap in Mario Kart 64.

"Peachy" he he. :-)
"Peachy" he he. :-)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2001, 02:53:51 PM »
In MK64 there is a GameShark code that allows you to win when you cross the start line or something...

You think ya somethin more/ya so supafly/blind to the fact youre blind/youre so empty inside/its hard for me to get this thru to you/blind to the fact ya blind.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2001, 05:46:38 AM »
I heard that occasionally in 4-player games on the first few batches of Mario Kart 64 carts in the UK, it occasionally shows strage lines and the game frazzles up...
"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2001, 12:19:53 AM »
Hey, here's a glitch I used to really enjoy doing.  Anyone done the "Blue Bowser" glitch in the original SMB for NES?  It's relatively easy, all you have to do is slowly approach Bowser.  Now Bowser moves back and forth.  Only get close enough for him to just barely (sp?) get onto the screen.  Don't even let him get half on.  Ever time I did this, he would be blue, not green!  When you finally walked close, he's green again.  Interesting, huh?

Another one on SMB is the "I look little, but I'm actually big" glitch.  Just touch Bowser and the Ax-brige key at the same time as Super Mario.  The computer will think of you as small, but show you as big.  When you get a Mushroom, you'll look small, but the computer reads you as super!  Fire flowers still give Fire Power, but you look small.  When you throw a fire ball, you look big for half a second.  This is probably my favorite error in a game ever.

These have only worked for me on my original NES cartridge. It doesn't work in SMB DX or Mario All Stars.

Has anyone else done these?

(Man I typed too much...)
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2001, 04:10:29 PM »
"Super Mario Bros." is by far the most glitched-up "Mario" game.  Most bugs (humorous and annoying alike) only apply to the original Nintendo cartridge, though, since the "Super Mario All-Stars" and "Super Mario Bros. Deluxe" clean up a lot of them to make gameplay easier.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2001, 04:45:38 PM »
I have a glitch and a statement.the glitch was in Donke Kong for this little mini arcade machine called the Coleco(not colecovision)that only plays Donkey Kong, like the arcade.And i was jumping and I went through a platform, without the ladder.
My statment is that lder games have more glitches proboly due to the graphics and pixels.

Would you like to buy a star?

Bow

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2001, 09:25:41 PM »
In Super Mario Land. there is a glitch that happens in a bonus level. When you get to the top of the screen hit some blocks under the pipe. Jump under the pipe and you get sucked through the wall. Also at the end of world 1-1 if you jump just right you will land in the middle of the wall and get stuck.
Edited 734 years ago by Bow

Print