Print

Author Topic: Mushroomy Kingdom (and Music) in Brawl  (Read 24923 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 02:30:26 AM »
Well, I personally think they should do this: Combine the awesome sense of lighting of the Strikers series and combine the level of detail in Brawl together to form a perfect Mario game. They've should've made Galaxy look like that. Of course they had to make it look all bright and colorful to appeal to everyone, but I mean, crap, come on. Can you imagine how cool Galaxy would be if it looked as good as Smash?

Another thing that killed me about Galaxy was the shadowing. I absolutely HATE when every single thing has like a dodecagonal blue shade under it, no matter what... unless it's Mario (cuz they always at least make him have a correct shadow)... and the fact that no matter where the light source, the shadows of everything would remain in the same spot as if it were 12 o' clock noon.......................in space, yeah.

I know they did it so the little kids who don't even know who Mario is and whose mom suggested the game to them as a "pretty neat adventure game" could tell where things were, but it could've been at least improved on. The correct shadowing would've meant like 2% more difficulty... which would've been nice. Galaxy was horribly easy... I beat it within three days of owning it... which sucked. Then I got all stars and beat it with all stars with the "other guy" in less than a week. (I figure there are still some who haven't played Galaxy yet.)

But yeah, a sense of continuity and realism in Mario games would be awesome. Oh, well, hey, I'm visiting the island where Smithy once tried to rule (that for some reason, I'm also financially stable to have yet... another house on), and look, I can see Keehaul Key, Rogueport, AND Isle Delfino's ferris wheel off in the distance. There's Nimbus Land and a few of the Rainbow Road courses floating about... you can see the mushroom city's lights reflecting off the clouds with Glitzville right above us! It's like they totally forget any previous Mario game that isn't SMB through SMB3 to incorporate into a game. It'd be cool if in any Mario game really, they mentioned old history such as killing Tatanga and Bowser turning all the paintings into courses.

I'm rambling a lot, but allllllllll of everything infused in a Mario game would be amazing... and get rid of Luigi's frickin "I'm a little girl" voice *pops in Mario Golf* and Mario's new "galaxy-ization" voice that they started with too that makes him sound like he's always horribly high pitch... it's in Brawl, too!!!! Hmm..
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »
Miyamoto doesn't want a continuity. End of story.
That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:28 PM »
What about when Miyamoto's not in charge anymore
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
Surely his successors will respect his wishes.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
Or they will ruin Nintendo turning it into what Sega is now.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »
Or Intellegent Systems will be at the helm and write more awesome RPG scenarios.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »
^ We can only hope...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print