Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 67228 times)

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2006, 07:50:51 PM »
There really is a Naked Samus. She's really just a clone of Zero Suit Samus, but a little faster and weaker.

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »
...and a little more M-rated.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2006, 09:13:12 PM »
Yeah, just a tad. :)

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2006, 11:56:34 PM »
Looking at the screenshots for SSBB, I noticed the Pit from Kid Icarus is more of an adult now and is more tough looking, unlike the Ice Climbers in SSBM which basically stayed the same and looked like their art in the manuals. Is this going to happen to other unregonized retro Nintendo cahrcters?

I was just the slightest bit bummed that Pit doesn't look just like the old art for Kid Icarus, but I got over it pretty quick when I realized how frickin' awesome he looks now. 

The redesign, to me at least, represents what Pit turns into when you get the best ending in Kid Icarus--a slightly taller, tougher looking iteration of the squat angel. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2006, 05:40:55 PM »
On Zero Suit Samus; update from the main site, for those of you who haven't seen it:

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.

Awesome.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2006, 12:40:49 AM »
I'm thinking it's to end all "I'm gonna play as that robot-man Samus!" crap.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »
Those who think that way about Samus have never played Metroid and never will. Hell, they probably don't know jack-squat about Nintendo in general.

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2006, 09:27:39 AM »
^ Exactly
"A winner is you"

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2006, 08:38:03 PM »
I'm getting concerned about the Zero Suit Samus character. The more images I see of her, the more she looks like some kind of "sex object", especially when you think of what one of the camera angles in the trailer was like. (Then again, though, it's likely that a certain jerk on KRR, who has an obviously dirty mind, contributed much to my concern about that camera angle.)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2006, 11:36:41 AM »
I used to think Samus was a guy until my cousin showed me a trick on SSB in which Pikachu electrocutes Samus and you can see a female's body under the armor.  She was like, "Did you know Samus is a girl?" and I was like, "Are you serious?" then she said, "Yes." So she showed me that trick, and I was like, "Whoa!  You're right!"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2006, 04:35:17 PM »
You must play Metroid!!

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2006, 05:09:35 PM »
Pit looks like a cool character. Is he supposed to be an angel? He has huge feet, too.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2006, 05:49:21 PM »
Well, I've never played a Metroid game unless you count the MPH demo that came with my (1st) DS, and I never knew she was a woman until I read her SSB character bio. A lot of people don't pay attention to the text for the trophies and such.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »
Pit looks like a cool character. Is he supposed to be an angel? He has huge feet, too.

You are correct, although it's a Greek angel(also known as a Cherub), not a Catholic one.
He's from Angel Land and is the head of The Godess of Light's army. That bow was given to him by the Godess of light to fight Medusa(who is refered to as The Godess of Darkness, but this isn't true in actual mythology) and recover The Godess of Light's Three Sacred Treasures.

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2006, 03:25:55 PM »
I hope we can play as Zero-Suit Mario, or Zero-Suit Ganondorf, or Zero-Suit Charizard.
This is a secret coded message.

Print