Print

Author Topic: Bayonetta: This is going to be the best!  (Read 13397 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
A chick with guns. Sounds pretty original to me.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 09:57:52 PM »
A witch chick with shoe guns. Sounds pretty awesome to me.
Ah, that's better.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »
Why are you people so nervous about this being maybe not good? This guy's last two games were Viewtiful Joe and Okami.

I'm not afraid it's not going to be good, 'cause it will. I'm afraid that kitsch value is being made a higher priority than gameplay depth.

And, unfortunately, I'm obligated to say:

LOLZ RLY???

Are you trying to be funny?
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
Just for the record... how many times has he been asked that question?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »
Twice (so far).
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
That phrase gets used so much it might as well be our motto.
every

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »
Bayonetta just became the 12th game to get a perfect 40/40 score from Famitsu magazine. Half of the twelve have been in the last two years so them 40's aren't what they used to be, but still: hot dang!

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 08:04:56 PM »
Mind you, only the 360 version received a 40/40. Its PS3 counterpart got a 38, reportedly due mainly to framerate issues.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 03:08:07 AM »
Three more days, gentlemen.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 09:26:33 PM »
Are you trying to be funny?
every

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 09:51:38 PM »
Isn't this coming from Platinum Games?

Guaranteed retail bomb in that case.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 10:40:43 PM »
I actually saw a commercial for it. I was surprised.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »
This definitely lived up to my predictions from two years ago. Never bet against Hideki Kamiya, because everything he touches is solid gold. Actually, make that platinum. ;)

There's no question that this is one of the finest beat-'em-ups ever made, rivaled only by God of War and Viewtiful Joe. I hesitate to declare a "best" because they all have their advantages. Bayonetta has the best fighting system, cutscene panache, and BY FAR the best boss fights. God of War has much better level design and BY FAR a tighter, more effective story.

One touch I really enjoyed in Bayonetta was the references to all the previous Clover/Platinum games, some incredibly subtle. Stranger than that, it uses remixed music from many old Sega arcade games! (OutRun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, After Burner) The music is great overall, too, especially the grand religious tracks with organs, pianos, and choirs.

Kamiya's games always have superb grand finales and ending sequences. I won't write it here, even under spoiler tag, but describing the ending of Bayonetta allows you to write possibly the most absurd sentence ever conceived in the English language.

And the extra happy end to this whole story is that Wiggles was wrong.

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »
...but describing the ending of Bayonetta allows you to write possibly the most absurd sentence ever conceived in the English language.
More absurd than "Uwe Boll made a good movie?"

Actually, the most absurd thing I've seen that is true is when footage of Duke Nukem Forever was released after 3D Realms shut down, and the footage looked GOOD. The only thing worse than putzing around for a decade is finally deciding to put in some effort (or rather, showing off something impressive) when it's already too late.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:49:40 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »
I'm guessing more absurd even than "Daikatana, Kingdom Hearts II, and Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures are pinnacles of video gaming."

I hear a patch came out for the PS3 version of Bayonetta - well, in Japan, anyway - allowing the game to be installed to the system's hard drive.

I also hear Sony developed it, because Sega didn't want to.

Print