Print

Author Topic: Bayonetta: This is going to be the best!  (Read 13399 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
allowing the game to be installed to the system's hard drive.
Kinda like... ANY 360 game. :)

Yeah that patch hit the US too and you can use it to decrease load times, but the PS3 version is still definitely inferior. Platinum developed the game on 360, that's the real game, Sega (not Platinum) ported it to PS3 and being a port it doesn't perform as well on the different hardware. I have a friend who got it for PS3 even though he has both systems and I call him a retard every day for it.

I actually enjoy the load sceen, BTW. It shows a movelist and displays your inputs. Very good for practicing new weapon combos.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »
It looked pretty perfect on PS3 and I can't imagine that the 360 version actually looks better or something. Maybe it loads faster though.
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »
Like most games, the 360 version both looks and performs better. Read the internet or magazines.

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
I'm guessing more absurd even than "Daikatana, Superman 64, and Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures are pinnacles of video gaming."
Fixed that for you. There were some people who liked Kingdom Hearts II, and according to MetaCritic, quite a few. I'm not one of them because I never played it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:46:27 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
There were people who liked Superman 64, too.

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
There were people who liked Superman 64, too.
Links please, because I haven't heard of one positive review.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »
I could only find one thing close to a "positive" review, but with games like Superman 64, you want to keep something in mind:

"No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it."

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 08:35:09 PM »
I could only find one thing close to a "positive" review, but with games like Superman 64, you want to keep something in mind:

"No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it."
That's true. I recall saying it a couple of times too. I was just pointing out that, in general, it seems a lot of people didn't like that game. But surprisingly ProtonJon has no problem with it. I wish he did review it, because of how unusual it is (apparently) to see someone easily get through the opening hoops level.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 01:42:43 AM »
And the extra happy end to this whole story is that Wiggles was wrong.

Well I'll be.

Good for Platinum Games in that case. They deserve some success after most of their past games were commercial failures.

Read the internet or magazines

Come on, i thought you were better than that.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »
Eight months after starting it, and over two years after its initial US release, I have completed Bayonetta. And what a game it was.

I do have to wonder why they put in two easy modes, though, since it felt like one would have been more than enough. I played through on Normal the entire time, and while I died a couple of times in the story, it never felt like the difficulty was too high; just having the ability to slow time by hitting a button should be enough difficulty mitigation for 95% of the game.

Print