Print

Author Topic: Astro Empires  (Read 9385 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 12:39:34 AM »
Team Glorb.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 02:55:28 PM »
I just started a Fenix account. F56:36:38:21.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »
Well, guys, I'm part of a guild now. You'll have to create Team Glorb without me.

(I've found that I really like this game. I'm to the point where buildings and research take over a day to finish, so I can just queue up some stuff and not worry for a while while I'm busy with life and real games.)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 08:14:52 PM »
I just started a new guild: Black Mesa Science Team. Join plz kthx.
every

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 10:56:58 PM »
I didn't really want to make a guild anyway.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 12:17:16 AM »
So, I've just come across the reason why Astro Empires can ultimately fail to remain fun in the end: there are no real restrictions on attacking other players. By this I mean that in the most extreme case, a player who joined on day one can attack a player whose account isn't even a day old. (The whole "Fleet movements from F00-59 to F60-69 are not allowed until 15-03-2009" thing, to use the current "limit," doesn't count because it's possible for a player to start in one of the F6- galaxies on the 15th and be completely defenseless when players from higher galaxies start pouring in, and the limited amount of time they give isn't going to be enough to build a sufficient defense.)

The reason this has come up is because I just got a message from a day-one player (he's also 10.65 levels higher than I am, and probably has multiple fleets of tens or even hundreds of thousands of units to send at my budding fleet of 1730) saying that his (day-one) guild was going to slaughter everyone in our guild except the first five to confirm they would act as spies. (Keep in mind that none of the players in our guild have accounts older than a month.) Now, I know this game is all about PvP, but you'd think there would be level bounds for attackers or something so that having signed up for the game months earlier isn't an utterly unstoppable and unavoidable advantage.

All I know is that if my base gets decimated by some punk who started playing back in November because of this, I'm not logging in again - though it's not like I'll really have a choice in the matter, since I won't be able to do anything whatsoever for some time if my base is occupied.

EDIT: The slashed-out parts of this post are wrong. Apparently there are level bounds (in which players cannot attack other players that are ten levels lower) and the guy who sent this message to everyone in my guild didn't realize this.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:25:35 AM by WarpRattler »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 11:26:40 AM »
I got a message from someone saying that his guild recruits by force and he'd start attacking my bases if I didn't join in two days. Thing is, there's like eight people in his guild, and I've been pouring cash into defenses on all of my bases, so I just went right ahead and started my own guild.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 01:55:02 PM »
To Glorb:

Fight Scatter's fleet or die.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 07:02:57 PM »
Eh wot?

EDIT: Oh, yay, overpowering weaker players FTW. Well, if all my crap gets destroyed, rest assured I have an unbeatable contingency plan: ragequit.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 07:10:11 PM by Glorb »
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 08:04:12 PM »
So, guys, guess who probably won't be playing Astro Empires anymore?

I got a message from the game early this morning telling me that I was using a shared IP and if this continues, my account will be suspended. It's because of my satellite connection, which handles dynamic IPs differently from other providers or something, and I can't do anything to change this except upgrade my account and request shared IP permissions - not an option, so I can either keep playing and hope I don't get suspended, or just stop playing.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »
You considered a proxy like PHProxy?

It lets me get around a ban I have on another forum. No, I didn't do anything wrong on that forum. I just have a IP of someone who did do something wrong.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:37:32 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
Aren't you not allowed to post those?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »
So, guys, guess who probably won't be playing Astro Empires anymore?

I got a message from the game early this morning telling me that I was using a shared IP and if this continues, my account will be suspended. It's because of my satellite connection, which handles dynamic IPs differently from other providers or something, and I can't do anything to change this except upgrade my account and request shared IP permissions - not an option, so I can either keep playing and hope I don't get suspended, or just stop playing.

My friend once got banned from Ogame for a year for the exact same reason...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
That's bullcrap, for two reasons:

1) You probably will get banned, since a guy on my Beta guild got banned a couple days after he got the notice. So if that's the case, aarr.

2) Now I won't get to pwn Warp on my roaring rampage of revenge anymore.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »
(Hey guys, I'm still not banned. I suspect it was actually from when I used a proxy to play one day rather than because of my home connection.)

GLORB LOOK HERE:

My guild underwent a schism yesterday, with some members merging with Dark Squadron (a guild we'd been at war with for weeks) and some being stranded. I'm split between these groups, with a message back to the leader of the stranded (who got me started in the guild and helped me a lot, including trying to defeat you - which, by the way, will probably be happening very soon unless you answer yes to this) probably on Monday. However, I'm thinking since BM*ST doesn't have any real affiliation with the FF...if Scatter thinks it's a good idea, could we join?

Print