Print

Author Topic: The Valve Surprise  (Read 11764 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
Doug Lombardi

Suddenly BP's captions in the Brawl Shots thread make sense.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 07:49:14 AM »
I'm hoping really, really hard it'll be Half-Life 2:Episode 3. I'm hoping even harder it'll be a full blown Half-Life 3.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 10:21:12 AM »
It won't.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
I hate you to death.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 03:55:13 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »
I hate you to death.

Hey, I just tells it likes it is. Any time Valve does anything people can't help but hype it to hell and back as The Next Big Game, and it only is about %20 percent of the time. So chances are, it's going to be the TF2 Engie update, or some major new stuff for L4D2.
every

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »
It's going to be something about Portal 2, dude. The last press release's "***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD’S SAKE***" made it pretty clear.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »
I bet Portal 2 will be compatible with Kinect.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 02:39:26 PM »
Maybe they'll be teaming up with Harmonix to release a $600 Portal Gun Pro Controller that lets you shoot Simulations of Real Portals.

EDIT: Whatever it is, we'll be finding out soon.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:16:27 AM by Glorb »
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
It looks like the surprise is Portal 2 on PS3 with Steam.
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 02:52:02 PM »
Like, Steam on PS3?

Uh, pretty cool actually. But I thought Valve thought PS3 owners could go suck a big hairy sausage?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:02:28 PM by Glorb »
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
Valve to Deliver Blockbuster Sequel With Steamworks Support

June 15, 2010 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises and leading technologies, today announced that it will deliver Portal 2 on the PlayStation 3 platform simultaneously with previously announced platforms. The PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 will be the only console version to include Steamworks.

"When the PlayStation 3 was introduced, I was the one of the platform's biggest critics," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "However, Sony Computer Entertainment has proved that the PlayStation 3 is the most open platform of all the current generation consoles and has worked extremely hard to make the platform the most desirable for consumers and developers. As such, we are delighted to announce Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 and believe the Steamworks support included will make it the best console version of the game."

Portal 2 is the sequel to the title named "Game of the Year" 2007 by over 30 publications around the world. Portal 2 promises to break new ground in next generation gaming by expanding the award-winning recipe of innovative gameplay, immersive story, and creative inclusion of music while also introducing multiplayer co-op game modes.

On the PlayStation 3 Portal 2 will be supported by Steamworks, a complete suite of game features and services including auto updates, community features, downloadable content, and more. Previously deployed on the PC and the Mac, Valve's Steamworks development platform will make it possible to deliver the higher level of service gamers have come to expect.

"Valve is one of the industry's leading studios and Portal is one of the most innovative properties launched in the past 10 years," said Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations at Sony Computer Entertainment America. "Valve's decision to bring Portal 2 to the PlayStation 3 with Steamworks support is incredible validation of the power and openness and momentum of PlayStation 3."

Portal 2 is targeted for launch in 2011 on the PlayStation 3, PC, Mac and Xbox 360 platforms.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 03:03:08 PM »
I edited my post literally one second after you posted yours. I have never seen that on this forum.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 05:51:10 PM »
It looks like the surprise is Portal 2 on PS3 with Steam.
HYES. 

Now I can play Portal but without the restrictions of turning all the graphics and effects to the bare minimum settings.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:42 PM »
Incidentally, when Gabe says "most open platform," he's probably referring to the fact that Microsoft has ridiculous requirements even to get things like patches distributed through Xbox Live. See: Left 4 Dead Survival Pack, where Valve practically had to fight with Microsoft to get it to be distributed for free rather than it being monetized.

Print