Print

Author Topic: What you want to see on the 3DS  (Read 2992 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: March 28, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »
-A new F-ZERO. It's about time, really, and now that I think of it I'm rather glad there wasn't a Wii edition. Trying to imagine the disasters it'd cause trying to dumb down the controls to work with the Wii wheel make me weep.
Plus a 3-D F-ZERO IN 3-D would probably be really impressive.
-Elite Beat Agents 2.
-Apollo Justice needs another game. Edgeworth is getting his second already and Apollo hasn't even been talked about. Wat.
-Always up for a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon that doesn't have the pitiful models from My Pokémon Ranch. Though I wonder what they will do with it if they make another one--use only gen 5 'mons until you finish the game? Add gen 5 monaters and kick out some of Sky's starters? Completely redo the personality thing at the beginning and add more results?
-Something Kirby-related, and once again, something his games have never seen before.
-A new Viewtiful Joe. It's begging to happen here, man, just think about it.

-Not Mario & Luigi. One of the greatest things about the series' charm is its superbly animated sprites. 2-D, one-frame-at-a-time, raw animation. I say M&L and Paper Mario should actually trade their seats on console/handheld this time and M&L4 needs to sport high-res, 100% 2-D graphics as a Wii (or whatever) game.

This wish-list became longer than I expected.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:57 AM »
I like cool new things that I couldn't have even imagined before they came out more than franchise rehashes, so I can't very well make much of a good list. I would be down for another Advance Wars.

Re: Bird's list, I would support EBA2, obv. but not a new VJ. Without Mikami, Joe's soul is gone (GoWIII syndrome).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:32:57 AM »
-A new Metroid game.  See here.
-Minecraft.  Highly unlikely, but the potential is there.  And the 3D would make it look awesome.
-As far as the Virtual Console goes, I'd like to see GBA games added in the future.  It's not like the system wouldn't be able to handle it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
-Not Mario & Luigi. One of the greatest things about the series' charm is its superbly animated sprites. 2-D, one-frame-at-a-time, raw animation. I say M&L and Paper Mario should actually trade their seats on console/handheld this time and M&L4 needs to sport high-res, 100% 2-D graphics as a Wii (or whatever) game.

In full agreement with this statement.  Having a Paper Mario and a Mario & Luigi on the same system would seem to me a bit redundant anyhow.  Plus, at least judging from the ages-old alpha screenshots, it would appear that the battle system could easily end up being more similar to Mario & Luigi games' than the past Paper Marios'.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
-Minecraft.  Highly unlikely, but the potential is there.  And the 3D would make it look awesome.

*head explodes*

Hmm, I also agree with F-Zero 3D. A 3D Kirby 64 remake could be amazing, too. How's 'bout some 3D Majora's Mask, hmm?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:46:31 PM »
I'd rather have a 3-D (not 2.5-D, and not Air Ride) Kirby game. Just once.

Series has a good track record of doing something Just Once and it being fantastic.
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 12:49:29 AM »
I'm rather glad there wasn't a Wii edition. Trying to imagine the disasters it'd cause trying to dumb down the controls to work with the Wii wheel make me weep.
You know, I just realized -- the 3D means that first-party games at least aren't going to use the motion controls unless they really need them.

And F-Zero 3DS needs to happen immediately. Would've been a great launch title, but eh.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »
Neither Bird nor I mentioned WarioWare, which was an oversight on both our parts.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »
Ahh yeah

The fact we forgot is WarioWACK
It's YOUR problem!

Print