Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations  (Read 10049 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 01:54:51 AM »
*sigh* This game does look awesome, but alas, it's only coming to the PS3 and the 360...
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
That's part of the reason why it looks awesome.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 09:30:40 AM »
Nintendo games look awesome too. Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Melee and Brawl, the Metroid Prime games (I've only played the first one, but I have seen the other two in action)..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 11:05:40 AM »
Well, that's true. And I suppose no-one's ever played Sonic games for their looks... have they? I mean, the demo for Unleashed had some nice scenery, but this is a series I don't vest as much interest in as I used to.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »
I alway considered the graphics to be one of the main things SEGA has pushed for Sonic. It kind of goes hand in hand with the old Blast Processing stuff, how it all looked so good going that fast. Then you slow down and it looks even better. Though I guess they haven't used the brand for new stuff(graphics wise) lately, so that kind of falla apart.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 10:55:24 AM »
Played the new demo. It... wasn't too bad!

The classic mode physics are almost okay, which is a giant step up from Sonic 4. And the X button boost thing in modern mode is fun and lets you go ultro-fast at almost all times.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
What exactly do you mean when you say "almost okay"? Do you mean you don't like most of it, or it's actually not too bad, or what?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »
Classic feels sluggish and like he's always moving through tar.  Also, I had some trouble keeping track of where I was and what was Badnik, everything is in vibrant colors.  Modern is pretty good, and seems to have the old branching paths plan.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
It's good to know that the Classic mode physics are better than Sonic 4's physics (I downloaded a demo of it on my phone and was highly disappointed). I don't like the inclusion of the boost in Modern mode because Sonic is about momentum-based gameplay :/.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 07:12:16 PM »
To be fair, most of the later stages look like there are less places to boost. This is a good thing.

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »
I'm going to disagree that the boost and Sonic being about momentum. As much as speed was important and you could just power through levels, you're just as likely to fly right into trouble and missing the better path doing that, and it's about knowing when to not go at breakneck speed.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 01:15:43 AM »
I wasn't referring to speeding through every level. Let's say there's a slope that curves and extends up to a ledge, like they have in every 2D Genesis sonic game. If you didn't have enough momentum to get up the slope, you can just activate the boost instead of going back and gaining more speed or using the Spin Dash. Now that I think about it, why did they bother making Sonic's boost move when he has the Spin Dash? That was the entire point of making it in Sonic 2...
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »
At least in this game we have Classic Sonic to get your Spin Dashy momentumy physicsy gameplay on. I'm just happy they've refined Modern Sonic enough so that his levels aren't all "BOOST BOOST BOOST STRAIGHTLINE BOOST".

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 07:25:15 AM »
So, who else is planning to prepurchase the game on Steam?

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »
In my time zone, the game will come out in less than an hour. Too bad Steam uses the European release date.

Y U NO CONVINENT STEAM

Print