Print

Author Topic: Super Playstation Bros. Brawl  (Read 14069 times)

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
I heard that Radec and Kratos were the cheapest characters in the game so far.

Also, the beta should be downloadable to everyone today.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
Kat (Gravity Rush) and Emmett Graves (Starhawk) are available as DLC for this game today. They'll be free for everyone for the first two weeks, so I recommend people with PS3s and/or Vitas and/or existing Sony Entertainment Network accounts grab it even if they don't have the game.

I'm still holding out for a $20 sale on PSN before I buy it myself, but I've played a friend's copy a bunch and really enjoy it. The basic gameplay is very different from Super Smash Bros., and not in a bad way; the "arena fighter" structure is similar, but last I checked, that's how a genre works. The "familiar characters" and "nostalgia" issues a lot of people have don't affect me at all either, considering I main Donte and Heihachi, characters from series I have zero emotional investment in.

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 04:23:50 PM »
Meh. It still feels like a Super Smash Bros: Sony Edition to me. Sure, they changed some stuff, but in the end it still resembles SSB far too much for me to consider it as a different game. Although, I find the inclusion of Spike and the Big Daddy to be interesting, the latter especially since Bioshock isn't a Playstation exclusive. Probably won't be getting it, unless it's amazing or I have extra cash lying around.
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."
"Heard what?"    "Brian don- A-b-b-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
And I'm sure you don't like any other two games of the same genre, right?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 06:57:38 PM »
That's not what I'm saying. Two games of the same genre do not necessarily mean almost identical. Look at Halo versus Call of Duty. Same genre, but they have a lot of differences. SSB and PSAS are not that much different.
"Oh, you haven't heard?  Because it was my understanding that everyone had heard."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is more similar to Mario Kart than PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is to Super Smash Bros., but the racing feels much better and it doesn't have that dang blue shell. Would you still refuse to play it on the grounds that it's too similar to Mario Kart?

Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars are a lot closer to Super Smash Bros. than PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is, with (among other things) an actual ring-out mechanic. Would you refuse to play them for the same reason?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:05 PM »
Even if it were identical to Smash Bros., the fact still remains that you're able to play as Parappa, Spike and Sweet Tooth in this game but not in Smash Bros. Surely people still like crossovers because of the characters that appear in them, right?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »
Hey, was that Viewtiful Joe fighting game any good?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:38 AM »
I heard it wasn't, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it because I love Viewtiful Joe enough to not really care about the quality of a spin off title.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:40 AM »
I sure did love that Sonic fighting game. It let me play as Sonic at least a decade before he appeared in Brawl.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:48 AM »
Red Hot Rumble is ttttttttttterrible. At least, it sure as heck isn't a fighting game. It's got all these phases during the "fight" where you have to collect diamonds or fight bad guys or whatever. If you're wanting a Viewtiful Joe fighting game (and you do, even if you don't know what Viewtiful Joe is), this isn't it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 03:37:48 AM »
I agree with Bird Person. One time I collected four people and we played it. The game never entered my Cube again.

Blaze the Fox

• AmbitiousShade
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:33 PM »
Fair enough, Warp. Regardless, my financials at the moment are not sufficient to buy PSAS, but.. maybe I'll look into it.

On a side note, Ape Escape was one of my favorite games as a kid, and the return of Spike just makes me all nostalgia-happy.

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Red Hot Rumble is ttttttttttterrible. At least, it sure as heck isn't a fighting game. It's got all these phases during the "fight" where you have to collect diamonds or fight bad guys or whatever. If you're wanting a Viewtiful Joe fighting game (and you do, even if you don't know what Viewtiful Joe is), this isn't it.

This is why Marvel vs Capcom 3 exists. To spam Voomerangs.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

Print