Print

Author Topic: Internet Explorer coming to Xbox 360!  (Read 4169 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
For Gold members only!

Coming in autumn!

Woo hoo!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »
Why? You might as well install Windows 8 on them now, because they now are pretty equal.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:15:32 PM »
They assume that using a web browser on things that are not computers is a pleasant activity.

They assume that I want to pay money to do a less-than-pleasant activity, with a less-than pleasant piece of software.

They are wrong.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:33:47 PM »
Some people still use IE?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:36:26 PM »
If the Wii was faster and had updated Flash it would have been pleasant.  As it was it was adequate for showing my parents and in-laws certain things on the net.  I don't have a 360, but hope to fix my PS3 and get a Wii U.  Neither of which I have any plans for my parents or in-laws.  They both have newer PCs than I now so that's not a problem other than them not being in the living room.  Maybe one day we'll get a console that'll be able to be used as a living room display and gaming room system.  In the mean time I expect PC to win in the media center unless the Wii U is more powerful, it's TV controls very expansive, and it's web browser to be up-to-date. 

Some people still use IE?
IE is better than ever, but I still prefer Chrome for most of my projects and Firefox for my daughter. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
That too.
It must be a pain with the Xbox controller. And I can only assume Silverlight and no Flash.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
And thus came the only round of applause for IE in a post-Firefox world.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:20:00 AM »
It's not 2006 anymore. Internet Explorer is for the most part a decent browser (though I'm hoping it'll be IE10, which looks like it'll be a fair bit better).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
Every time I open this thread in a new tab, I think it's saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »
They assume that using a web browser on things that are not computers is a pleasant activity.

They assume that I want to pay money to do a less-than-pleasant activity, with a less-than pleasant piece of software.

They are wrong.
The Wii and DSi browsers are pretty decent.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »
I thought it was absolutely hilarious when everyone applauded upon hearing that IE is coming to the 360.
Relics.

Print