Print

Author Topic: does anybody like kirby?  (Read 7518 times)

« on: October 09, 2002, 06:25:13 PM »
a lot?so much that you wanna squeeze the pinkness out of him?do ya?I do.

in this world,far from civilazation,lived a boo.his name was BooBuddy.He likes cold cereal and chewed gum.Riiiight
Insanity has its limits...BUT NOT ON ME!NEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 11:57:18 PM »
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I do think Kirby's cool.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2002, 07:15:09 PM »
Yeah, I like Kirby. Especially since I've started watching the Kirby anime, he's so KYUTE! I can't place Meta Knight's accent, anybody know what that is?

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 09:55:46 PM »
I haven't seen that yet... I don't get up early enough.

None shall dispute my word!
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 09:35:22 PM »
I don't wake up on Saturday at 9 AM for love nor money. I do, however, wake up that early for Kirby. I don't have a working VCR, and Fox's morning line-up prevents it from being a total waste.

What I'm happiest with is Kirby's voice actor. I guess they got the same actor who did SSB/M, because he sounds just as squeaky and cute as ever. That was my biggest hope for the series, that Kirby didn't get a sucky voice. He doesn't speak more than a few words and communicates mostly with little squeaky sounds, which is suiting because his character in the anime is basially a baby. King Dedede has a Texan accent (not forced enough to be annoying, which is rare in anime dubbing), and if I had to guess at Meta Knight's accent I'd probably say Japanese. Meta rocks. And Rick the hamster is Aussie, complete with all the catch phrases. Yeah, I've got a thing for appropriate voice acting. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step.

"Like the moon over
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 11:10:54 PM »
That's why SFA is da bomb... excellent voice acting.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 05:49:59 PM »
Incorrect, Pyrasaur. In SSBM, the actor that played Kirby was Maiko Okamoto. In Kirby: Right Back at Ya, it's Ted Lewis.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #6:

(Family is at dinner watching TV)

Dan: That guy kind of looks like Bill Gates.
Mike: His name is Richard, so that would be Bill.
Dan: No--
Melissa: No, that’s Robert!
Dan: It’s William, you idiot!
Melissa: Oh.
Dan: Gotta write that down. (exits to family room and computer)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 11:56:35 PM »
Ted Lewis?!
...Anyway, Is Frank Welker in there anywhere?

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2002, 03:37:09 PM »
No, but Frank Welker's done about 570 other roles, including Fred and Scooby in Scooby Doo, Dr. Claw, Dr. Claw's Cat, Brain, and The Lesser Wambini in Inspector Gadget, Catwoman's cat in Batman: the Animated Series, Orbity in the Jetsons, Dr. Viper in Swat Cats, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Marvin, Darkseid, and Kalibak in the Superfriends, Jabberjaw in Jabberjaw, Dynomutt in Dynomutt, Heckle and Jeckle in Mighty Mouse, Dingbat in Heathcliff, Clockwork Smurf in the Smurfs, Copperhead in G.I Joe, Chomp Chomp in Pac-Man, Donkey Kong Jr. in Donkey Kong Jr., Spock screaming in Star Trek 3, Tooter and Occy in the Snorks, Kermit, Beaker, and Skeeter in Muppet Babies, Glomer in the Punky Brewster cartoon, Catgut and Nabbit in Pound Puppies, the gopher in Caddy Shack 2, Big Time Beagle in Ducktales, Furball in Tiny Toons, Suchi in Captain Planet, Abu in Alladin, Bandit in Jonny Quest, Shag and Muzzle in Road Rovers, Tickles in Land Before Time 4, The Blob, Ickybod Clay, and Lockjaw of the Sculptors Cut in Clayfighter 63 1/3, Flit in Pocohantas, Bronx in Gargoyles, Altivo in El Dorado, Boskov in Grim and Evil, tons of Animaniacs characters, Santa Claus in about four unrelated movies, most of the farm animals in Garfield, over 20 voices in Transformers, about ten characters in Q*Bert, almost all male Flinstones characters at one point or another, and various other animal voices.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #6:

(Family is at dinner watching TV)

Dan: That guy kind of looks like Bill Gates.
Mike: His name is Richard, so that would be Bill.
Dan: No--
Melissa: No, that’s Robert!
Dan: It’s William, you idiot!
Melissa: Oh.
Dan: Gotta write that down. (exits to family room and computer)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2002, 12:03:47 AM »
You forgot Horror in The Pagemaster.

...Frank Welker is cool.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2002, 04:43:49 AM »
meta knight sounds Mexican if you ask me.
Insanity has its limits...BUT NOT ON ME!NEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2002, 11:30:05 PM »
...Frank Welker is cool.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2002, 07:52:51 PM »
Oh...Well, I guess it's not that hard to mimic Kirby, really...

Wow, almost 600 voices...Now THAT's talent. It'd be nice to see more people like that voicing anime, especially dubs, which tend to need all the help they can get.

"Like the moon over
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2002, 07:59:07 PM »
I just saw an episode of the new Kirby Show...

King Dedede sounds like what would happen if Mr. T were raised in Alabama...

And MetaKnight sounds really, really Mexican...

I am not a people person. In fact, I`m more of an anti-people person.
I respect your post. As long as you don`t insult my intelligence in it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2002, 11:07:14 PM »
Alabama... hahahahaha
Mr. T. is cool too.
I need to see the Kirby show...
Paul Winchell did a lot of stuff like that too... Tigger, Gargamel, lots of other stuff... too bad he died. I think he died... too bad.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Print