Print

Author Topic: Star Fox games question...  (Read 4961 times)

« on: January 10, 2005, 08:49:58 PM »
My cousins have an SNES, and when I travel to Michigan to visit them, I frequently play the original Star Fox game. I have also played the N64 version, which I also loved. I know that there is a GameCube version, as well as a sequel coming out soon. I really enjoyed the piloting of the planes in the first two games; is the third game like that? Or more of a platformer game?

"I could have more fun watching paint dry...
C''mon Blue! Dry Blue! C''mon!"
-The Decline of Video Gaming
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 10:44:31 PM »
A little of both but mostly platform.  That's all I really know about it.

"Oh great.  From now I am shall forever be known as the king who talks to posters."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 11:12:19 PM »
Star Fox Adventures is not a platformer. It's more of an adventure game, like the 3D Zelda games.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 11:10:27 AM »
StarFox Adventures for the GameCube is of the action/adventure genre, with a bit of shoot-em-up. It may have been one cool game, but as a StarFox game it was highly disappointing because it does not follow the StarFox tradition of being more a shoot-em-up genre like the older games.

However, the next GameCube game, StarFox Assault, will be a lot better and will give the disappointed hard-core StarFox fans something that was lacked in the first GameCube game. Although the Arwing missions in this game will be a lot more than last time, but this game will once more have on-foot missions, however in the way StarFox is meant to be - an action/shoot-em-up genre!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 04:33:57 PM »
I wasn't disappointed, I thought it pwned, and was great as a Starfox game. I also think the music was especially good.

....I hated it when an annoying little kid spoiled the ending for me, though. He just IMs me and tells me the ending, as if I was just DYING to hear what happened.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 01:15:39 AM »
Wow Hope, that was an incredibly disappointing and small-minded post.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 08:12:17 PM »
Ok. I really liked the piloting going on in the '64 version. And lots of fun stuff you can do in it. Like barrel rolls... Especially barrel rolls
So I guess I'll wait for Assault to come out or wait for a Star Fox to come out on the DS! XD

"I could have more fun watching paint dry...
C''mon Blue! Dry Blue! C''mon!"
-The Decline of Video Gaming
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 08:21:41 PM »
Hooray for the DS! Anyway, SF Adventures is worthy of purchasing, if you'll put up with a bit of disappointing dialogue. I am 77.279% sure that SF Assault will be far better.

"Chocolate milk is the best thing to ever happen to the dairy industry."
- Ian "Suffix"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 11:47:10 PM »
Some of the dialogue is ?! but most of the voice acting (especially Steve Malpass as Fox and Estelle(?) Ellis as Krystal) is awesome.

•You can do barrel rolls in Star Fox Adventures.

I'm betting Assault will be better than Adventures as far as gameplay goes, but I dunno about atmosphere. SFA had such a wonderful feeling to it, even if the play mechanics weren't sparkling. And honestly I think you should play Adventures, at least to get the gist of the story since it picks up from there.

That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2005, 03:40:41 AM »
Did you know the Starfox team for SF: Assault is different to that of SF64! Take a look:

Fox
Falco
Slippy
Krystal

So, there you have it!

QUIZ TIME!!

1. Do you like the Mario Brothers??
2. Do you like the Simpsons?

If you answered 'Yes' to both questions, you are a true legend..!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2005, 11:06:59 AM »
Yeah, I've been aware of the change since the game was announced.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 12:32:16 PM »
What about Peppy, Kat and Bill??  WHAT ABOUT THEM, HUH?!  *runs away screaming*

I always wanted to play the original StarFox for the SNES but don't have the game or the system.  I loved StarFox64, and StarFox Adventures was good too, even though I usually don't like Adventure games.  I hope that StarFox Assault has levels like SF64 and SFAdv.  Hey!  There you go: SFAs and SFAdv.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2005, 08:42:29 PM »
Don't worry, it does. And at least Peppy is hanging around on the Great Fox. Dunno about Bill or Katt though.

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 10:52:28 AM »
In StarFox Assault, Krystal is gonna be taking over Peppy's place since Peppy's now too old to fly his old Arwing now...

At least, Peppy will still assist us, with R.O.B. at his side, from the Great Fox, where he could remotely pass us some crucial info in any of Fox's missions.
There's still hope we could still see Katt and Bill - they probably are unlockable characters in the Multiplayer Mode, and Namco might not really want to spoil it for us.

StarWolf is confirmed to return in the main game, but they have changed as well!!

For example, it seems that the spoilt Andrew Oikonny has taken over his uncle Andross' army in Venom! Woof!! Is Andrew the new enemy from here on out? What ever happend to that big-headed monkey Andross? Well, we'll never know until we play the game...

Woof!! It seems that StarWolf has some new recruit now! Looks like that porky traitor Pigma Dengar had vanished, and now it seems there's this new black panther dude who's taking his place!!

Hmm...

This game also features the physical appearance of Slippy's father Beltino Toad! He did somehow make a cameo appearance back in StarFox 64? I personally don't know about that, but some people I know seem to know so...

Right! Does anyone want to know more about StarFox Assault?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 12:33:21 PM »
I guess I can't say anything about all the italics, but I'm pretty darn sure that "Star Fox" is two words. In fact, clicking the following link will prove that I'm correct&#151;but doing so will also take you to NOA's web site, which is a scary place.

Beneath Ered Nimrais

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 08:51:33 PM »
WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

To help Hope along a bit:

"Is Andrew the new enemy from here on out? What ever happend to that big-headed monkey Andross? Well, we'll never know until we play the game..."

Actually, I know all these answers... Andross is dead, and Andrew took his head robot thingy. And then some things called Aparoids come along and attack Andrew.

"Looks like that porky traitor Pigma Dengar had vanished, and now it seems there's this new black panther dude who's taking his place!!"

Actually, Panther (that is his name) may not be part of Star Wolf (two words, and I mean, look at his ship).

Also, Pigma is very much in the game:

That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 03:00:32 PM »
I know Andross is dead. Andross is always dead!! Andross dies in every single freakin' game!! But guess what, Andross always seems to find a way to return to life!!

I tell you, he's in StarFox Assault, he may not appear sooner, but he WILL appear!! They'll tell us he's nowhere to be found, and them - WAM - he pops out of no where!!

Remember the events at StarFox Adventures!?

By the way, the black panther's full name is Panther Caluroso, and he IS part of StarWolf Team!!

This piece says it all!

As for Pigma, he seems to have betrayed Andross as well, and he now works on his own to defeat StarFox Team!!

Check him out!!

BWA HA HA HA!!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 03:57:09 PM »
2 words. 1st space 2nd. TWO. Example:

One word: "afoot"
Two words: "a foot"

SPACE. Star Fox can't fly into outer SPACE unless there is a SPACE in his name.

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 07:01:50 PM »
I like his pink suit, heh heh.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 09:28:19 PM »
I bet you 10,000 Ziggomatic 17s that Andross will not make an appearance. Andrew shows up in Andross' head machine thing, but then he gets blow'd up. So no, there is no Andross.

That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 09:29:02 AM »
The game comes out next month (February), right?

So, we'll see very soon, Chupperson Weird, we'll see...

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 12:39:48 PM »
We didn't just witness the birth of ChuppersonWeird, so there's hope for Hope yet. Or am I making any sense?

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE!

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 05:19:07 PM »
My head a splode, too.

Print