Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 225045 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #600 on: January 24, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »
I once had a dream about some kind of animated crossover deal which picked up near the end. I wasn't actually in it, I was just seeing on unfold as though I were watching on TV despite me nor a TV screen being present in the dream.

It started at this part where the Powerpuff Girls were trying to put on a stage show for the Professor, but something was up with the audience, so they flew off -screen stage right and wound up in this blue cave/hole where Aladdin and Jasmine has just escaped from something. I can't remember what they said, but apparently Blossom took it upon herself to fly into this glowing green tunnel in the cave which was apparently a time portal. She then went back in time to the stone age from the Flintstones, evidenced by the fact that her outfit had changed from the usual Powerpuff dress to some kind of two-piece animal skin (and she inexplicably sported fairy wings too).

For some reason the next sequence involved Blossom flying across a landscape that looked like a mix of stage from World 3 and a stage from World 4 in Yoshi's Island (I think it as supposed to be Bedrock but it looked more like a generic YI level, with loads of coins but no enemies at all), and the scene was in 2D and everything. Playing in the background was a high quality wind version of Marin's song from Link's Awakening, and the whole thing was supposedly meant to be all ambient, with fancy mid-sequence transitions and Blossom sporting a very relaxed look on her face.

At the end of this sequence Blossom encountered Fred and Wilma. This part was also in 2D and the animation still resembled like that of Yoshi's Island. Fred and Wilma were in a hole in the ground under a grassy platform like in stage 2-2 (this was supposed to be either their house or a bunker as represented through SNES graphics). Pebbles was on top of the platform with some kind of bomb strapped to her back, and Wilma and Fred were freaking out with no way to get her down or get rid of the bomb (because this is apparently a video game now).

So Blossom grabs Pebbles, removes the bomb, and gives her back to Wilma safely. After that. she produces an empty birthday gift box (which I assumed was for the Professor) and puts the bomb in it. She then converses with Fred about what happened (I can't remember what they actually said), and Fred takes the "present", carries a few screens to the right, and delivers it to some generic Flintstones-looking guy in a fancy animal skin suit (he looked like a butler). While this was happening the song from the final stage of Dyna Blade right before you enter the final battle, probably to indicate the intensity of what was going on.

At that point the whole thing just cut to a credits sequence played over a still image of an unidentifiable island in the middle of he ocean amidst a green sky. The song in the background sounded like some kind of long version of the "Game Over" song from both Gourmet Race and The Arena. I think here I half-awakened partially made the next part up myself: The guy in the suit turned out to be the Genie who gave the bomb to Mechanicles (remember him?) by saying it was his birthday, which promptly blew him up. I think this was supposed to be punishment for attacking Bedrock earlier, which is why the place looked like such a dump.

...I dunno, I was like 9 when I had this dream. I don't think I'll ever understand what led to it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:57:39 AM by The Chef »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #601 on: January 25, 2009, 01:50:05 AM »
I had this dream that Captain Jim was walking around looking really tired or maybe sick. I gave him a kind of concerned look but he didn't really notice me. He got inside a miniature refrigerator in the room (which was more like a moderately-sized tent). After about a minute I got a little worried and opened the door, and he had become a phonograph.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #602 on: January 25, 2009, 01:38:45 PM »
Last night's dream was fairly clear (comparatively) and robust, but the only moment I can definitively describe was where I was being shown around an arcade. One of the games was Mario Paint, only it was a platformer with SMW-esque graphics and Mario threw paintballs at enemies (aimed with a separate trackball--or maybe joystick).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #603 on: January 25, 2009, 05:02:37 PM »
You have dreams where you meet heroes with crazy powers and all you do with them is watch big guys with fake shoulders run around in a stadium on TV?

Bummer.

What can I say, BP?  This whole thing started during college football bowl week.     
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sqrt2

« Reply #604 on: January 30, 2009, 04:23:30 AM »
I'm still having the 'Nintendo announces that they are finally going to translate/release Mother 3' dreams

And the ones where I'm some kind of superhero...
AA fanboy and proud!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #605 on: January 30, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »
I had a dream that I was participating in the American Revolution. We were at a decisive battle, and I saw the British General. I ran at him, jumped, and Falcon Punched him in the face, sending him flying into Boston Harbor. Then I was in a mall. The end.
No! I don't want that!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #606 on: January 30, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
Big Bird was talking in a library about a newscaster who had started using more color. He talked to someone, possibly based on Guy Smiley, about how much he loved colors, and then mentioned that he had written his first book, and, holding up his fingers held a few inches apart, said that the book was that thick. The interviewer was surprised, saying he would have expected Big Bird's first book to be a large pop-up book several feet wide. He said "well, never mind that," but that theoretical book appeared before me.

On one page, someone was talking about a skit done in parts, about thirty seconds each, once a week, for months. The premise was that a parliament or congress somewhere was voting on some piece of legislation, and had to keep reconvening for some nefarious reason. I believe this was seepthough from whatever was on C-SPAN at that time. This series of skits was originally done on a TV show apparently, and we were debating whether we should do it live or pre-tape it. Pre-taping would seem to make more sense, because it would be easier than having to get the several dozen actors in and out of suits for a few seconds week after week, but we realized that if we did it taped instead of live, we would need lots of camera angles.

I was in a car driven by my father, who was someone else, as I continued to think about the difference between plays and movies. We decided that movies have to have multiple camera angles to make up for the lack of life, and that a live play will always feel more vibrant because it's real -- this thought was immediately punctuated with a lurch from the ironically nonexistent car, as it flew in the air while sharply turning to go down a steep slope. A baby that we didn't know in a stroller also went down the slope, and my father grabbed the baby from the window. Then we continued a little more, and suddenly the baby started rolling down a hill again, just as we started to put the brakes on, seeing that a train was about to pass. Fearing for the baby's life, my father jumped out of the car and ran, picking up the baby just before it hit the track. Then a tiny little green car, looking like the thing on the box of animal crackers, went by, a lantern hanging from its back. Then the signal man came -- a man in a blue suit holding a red flashing light, running at inhuman speed down the road, nearly running into me, and across the tracks. He was apparently supposed to be a low-tech way of alerting people to the train. A few seconds later, some kind of cross between a dog and a motorcycle sidecar, also blue and holding a red light, came following after him. I went to a brown and purple pause screen while I thought about how it was technically illegal for my father to walk that close to the train tracks in this county, but hoped that they would make an exception for the baby. I thought about the moral implications -- if he needed to break the law to save the baby, does that mean the baby was supposed to die? I decided that no, it couldn't mean that, because whether the baby was saved before he hit the point where it was illegal to go any closer was based on how fast he ran, which could vary. Or something.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:17:12 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #607 on: January 30, 2009, 05:24:28 PM »
What. That's altogether more effed up than anything I have heard, ever. Wow.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #608 on: January 30, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »
Last night I had a dream where I was in my school's basketball court. I was by myself and for whatever reason had a sledgehammer. I got some basketballs out of a closet, put them at various points on the court, and tried to make baskets by wielding the hammer as a golf club and hitting the balls as if I were golfing.

Note that I have no interest in basketball or golf and that I do not own a sledgehammer.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #609 on: January 30, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
Well, the Super Bowl's coming up, so I'll probably wind up having one more awesome football related dream before it's all over.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #610 on: January 31, 2009, 12:38:50 PM »
Among other things, most not remembered, I was singing "The Middle" in public to my distant cousin/quasi-friend (the one who drinks Mountain Dew, if anyone saw me mention that).

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #611 on: January 31, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
My parents were talking about how our family is now the assistant pastor at our church, meaning that we should start getting there a little earlier. Something happened in between there, and suddenly I was Ben Bailey (although I was watching in third-person view), but instead of driving the Cash Cab, I was driving the Cash Bus. Also, I wasn't driving. I wasn't totally Ben Bailey. Sometimes I was, but not for driving. Every time we drove past another bus or a cable car or something, we just barely missed them, because our turning radius was so big.

Somewhere in there, I was on Wikipedia, looking at a picture of an airplane. On a whim, I looked at its discussion page, and someone there was showing off a picture, saying that he "had never expected it to become Vince V. Vivacious" (in here, vivacious was apparently supposed to mean controversial). It was taller than it was wide; apparently it had been rotated. There was an airplane body going straight up and down in the center of the frame, and coming in from the right side was the head and shoulders of a guy I know with long hair, and the hair was being swept by the wind from the plane -- I can't remember now whether it was being swept up or down (relative to the orientation of the picture). Probably down. So the guy said he wanted this picture classified as "Parodies of 'Face of God'", referring to the Sistine Chapel bit. Someone else said that another picture pretty much obsoleted it. Another guy said that if the picture were flipped upside down, it could depict someone going to heaven. A theological debate started (or had started in the past; I was just scrolling down through the discussion page). Finally, at the bottom, someone said "Why can't people just accept that science says there's no God?" I thought to myself "Well, that's not very scientific, demanding that people accept what you think whether they're convinced by your arguments or not." Then I thought of the time Ann Coulter said that the difference between liberals' insults and conservatives' insults is that "Our insults are true."

Some other stuff happened, and then I was watching Nute Gunray and some other guys that look like him sitting in some kind of room in a cargo ship on the surface of a planet. Some other guy, who I can't remember looking like anyone in particular, was their leader. The whole group was talking about ways they could theoretically violate Anakin, possibly with the help of Arnold Schwarzenegger, who lived in the same trailer park, when suddenly Anakin (9-year-old version) walked in. The Nute Gunray guys continued to talk about violation, while Anakin quietly colored in a coloring book. The leader guy tried to play the good cop, disassociating from all the stuff the Gunray guys were saying and offering to read the Sunday cartoons with Anakin, who was now also my brother a little bit. We looked at several different strips, but the only one I remember by name was Garfield.

It may have been connected to this somehow, but I think I woke up in between: There was a Dennis the Menace strip. Some girl came to Margaret's house and said "Sorry, Margaret, I'm 14 years old." Margaret responded "Sorry, [whatever her name was], I'm 14,000 years old." Dennis appeared above them shouting "TIME WARP!" Some trippy stuff happened. Dennis's plan was to somehow force God to recreate the Garden of Eden, with him as Adam and the two girls as Eve, in an elaborate plan to see them naked. But then it turned out that all that trippy stuff was just going through Dennis's head as he jumped toward Margaret while wearing a Speedo. Margaret sent him away, and he said some unmemorable punchline as he left.

Also, somewhere in there, I think Kimimaru told me he was a woman.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:49:18 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #612 on: February 01, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »
Last night I dreamt an epic fantasy battle of some sort was taking place around my old house. I did many things in battle, but the important part was when I went inside and used the bathroom.

I then woke up and actual pee was coming out of me.

« Reply #613 on: February 01, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »
I have a theory I developed that states if you pee in a dream, you pee in real life. The correlation resides in the fact that you have to pee in real life and your brain mixes that knowledge with your dream.

But I developed that theory in second grade.

I had a dream last night that there was a bear on my back porch. I started to run downstairs, but turned back to see the bear turning the doorknob and walking inside my house, and then dropping to all fours and proceeding to act like an actual bear. I ran downstairs, opened a window, jumped out of the house and ran down the street, where in front of me I saw the bear.

Then the bear threw up.

Then the bear was a boomer.

I ran back to my house, worried about thieves entering my completely open front door, and on the way all of a sudden everything was Left 4 Dead and I was a smoker. I climbed some buildings and then I don't remember.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 07:59:54 PM by bobman37 »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #614 on: February 01, 2009, 10:27:12 PM »
Actually, I had dreams two nights in a row about excessive urination and I didn't lose a drop.

Print