Print

Author Topic: Banjo-Kazooie  (Read 10202 times)

« on: April 03, 2006, 07:30:30 PM »
This topic is sorta like GG's Pokemon topic, instead, I gave tribute to Rare's greatest game, Banjo-Kazooie. I don't know if I'm the only fan here, so I guess I'll find out soon. Have you gotten all the Jigsaw pieces? Musical notes? What was your favorite world? Have you gotten the secret eggs and Ice key, thus unlocking the Stop 'n' Swop menu? (Yes, it's possible, 'cause I've done it.) Have you completed the Bottle Puzzles? Just explain everything right here, or you could come here just to talk about everyone's favorite bear and bird! Keep in mind that this is a Banjo-Kazooie topic, not a flame war over the Mario V.S Banjo-Kazooie thingie.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »
Finally I find somebody else who like Banjo-Kazooie! I love the two games. I have beaten both completely(notes, jiggies, powers, etc.). I didn't really like Grunty's Revenge(GBA) too much, though. The N64 games were just way to fun!

Although, I must say-- I haven't played a Banjo-Kazooie game in such a long time... The last time was a couple months after Banjo-Tooie came out. I got it on Christmas along with Majora's Mask, and I kept playing it until I beat it three times. Then I gave it to my cousin. I can't figure out why they never made a sequel to such a great game. Grunty said at the end "I'll see you again in Banjo-Threeie!"... But they never made one. I heard rumors, though, about Grunty being just a spirit/ghost/wisp/etc. I think they should make Banjo-Threeie for the Revolution.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:05:30 PM »
Sadly, this won't happen. Rare was sold to Microsoft, so every Rare game (besides Donkey Kong, of course) will be for the........groan.......XBox 360. If BK3 actually makes it there, I will have no choice but to purchase the system. Banjo Kazooie is just too good!

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 08:10:08 PM »
I turned my Banjo-Kazooie disease into "You Know you are playing to much Banjo Kazooie" when........

1. The urge to play more of one of Rare's greatest games, Banjo-Kazooie, just won't go away.

2. You take up a banjo AND a kazooie as your favorite instruments.

3. You actually speak the words "Eekum Bokum and Guh-huh" as if they were used in a conversation.

4. When putting  together a jigsaw puzzle, you time yourself and flip the pieces around.

5. When you put together a jigsaw puzzle, worlds seem to open.......

6. You actually found the green, yellow and blue eggs plus the ice key! (Yes, trust me, it's possible, I've done it!)

7. You unlocked Bottles Revenge.

8. Your names are Ice Mario or Subdrag.

9.You've taken up the job of a Shaman, live in a skull, and chant weird words to transform your friends into animals (or a washing machine)

10. An ugly witch stole you for your good looks.

11. You consult the neighborhood mole for training.

12. You wear tight yellow shorts and a blue backpack, no matter the weather.

13. A really rude bird lives in this backpack.

14. You used to be friends with a monkey and you road race-karts together.

15. Your house is actually much bigger, with multiple worlds and rooms inside.

16. You collect musical notes, but you never actually use them to play with your instrument.

17. Your pet breegull can lift a 400 pound honey bear farther than any airplane could.

18. The locals include a sea hippo, talking camel, magical.......Jinjo, and anything, including inanimate objects, with eyes.

19. Everything around you talks, even the shoes!

20. You opened your lair, let the hero in, had your weak as heck minions fight him, gave him the chance to collect all the moves and items to become stronger, held an easy as heck quiz show, fought him without using your ultimate moves up front, fell off your house and landed under a rock that you could have moved yourself, and then came back 2 years later, nothing but a skeleton.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 08:28:04 PM »
...I wouldn't go that far...

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »
I heard they were making a Nintendo DS platformer Banjo-Kazooie-style.

I love Banjo Tooie, but I don't have the original. I could beat anyone at all minigames, heh.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 09:02:41 PM »
...I wouldn't go that far...

You want me to get rid of it? I can if you want.

Anyway, you should get the original. The sequal was awesome, and harder, but the 1st just had that charm.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 12:02:28 AM »
Yeah, I had it. Lost it, though... I only played a little of Banjo-Tooie as a rental, and it was pretty good. And I did, in fact, get all the Stop 'n' Swop items. But I never knew what they were for... And I still want to know. What were they for? One was in the cave of Shark Food Island (I think that's what it was called), one was in the temple in Gobi's Valley... The key was in... ugh, I can't remember the names!! But it was in the Walrus's cave, past the Jinjo.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 12:51:56 PM »
Ooh, Sapphira'll be pleased with this thread. :P

Yes, I own Banjo-Kazooie, as well as Banjo-Tooie, and Banjo Pilot. I've gotten 100% in the first game, though I'm one jiggy shy of getting 100% in Tooie.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 01:33:16 PM »
Ah, Banjo Kazooie. One of my personal favorites. Yes, my brother and I have unlocked the SNS menu, and have been regular visitors at message boards all about SNS. Anyway, I own both Kazooie and Tooie, and I think they are great games.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 03:05:31 PM »
I LOVE Banjo-Kazooie! I can't wait 'till his next game comes out!

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 04:45:37 PM »
The key was in... ugh, I can't remember the names!! But it was in the Walrus's cave, past the Jinjo.

It was the Ice Key, in Freezeazy Peak, in Wozza's cave. The code you would have to enter: Now you see a nice ice key which you can have for free.

Hmmmmm......I'm 100 % done in the first one about 3 times over..........and I guess I never really got into Tooie. It was just too different from the first.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 05:43:26 PM »
Yes, I remember it now... You'd enter the codes in the sandcastle in... Treasure Trove Cove. But if you used too many cheats (I liked using the infinite underwater air because I could never free Clanker), Grunty would threaten to erase the game. Does she really do that?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 05:54:42 PM »
To the extent of my knowledge, she won't.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 06:13:22 PM »
Ah, I can barely even remember the games, but I do remember when Gruntilda threatened me with the codes. After I kept putting in cheats(like, 100 or so), it did reset the game.

Print