Print

Author Topic: The Rumors Show! Today: Mario!  (Read 2159 times)

« on: August 23, 2000, 05:21:17 PM »
I have 2 Rumors: 1 for Super Mario Bros. and 1 for Super Mario All-Stars.

Minus World: The Minus World, I think was supposed to be like a testing area on the cart for non-freak Gamers(In that case Mario). Nintendo put it so that: You have to play it even if you're an experienced player. 2 Reasons for being canceled: 1. Gamers didn't like the idea of a testing level. The first level was easy enough. 2. A testing level would take up to much space. NES had only about 4-bit sized games, so Nintendo took to much space.

SMAS: Super Mario All Stars is made of: Super Mario Bros. 1, Super Mario USA, Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3. Sort've like what Sega did with Sonic Jam. There was ANOTHER Mario All-Stars Game! Super Mario World, was planned for it. This time, I have proof. My cousin used to own a SNES. She had Mario All-Stars with it and Mario World was in it!! Maybe they took it out for to much space, or the fact that SMAS was annoying.(My opinion only.)

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2000, 05:32:15 PM »
#1. The Minus World was a glitch. Screwed up scrolling code and all that sort of stuff. It was removed as were all the other well-known glitches.

#2. Super Mario World was included in a re-release cart of Super Mario All-Stars. If you go to TMK's game page you'll see "Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World" as a separate game.

Not really rumours are they...

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Ralph Wiggum "I bent my wookie!"
Wolverine "This is... a big round room!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Print