Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Kart - Beating a 150cc Race Without Losing Any Coins Challenge  (Read 5128 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »
This was requested by our friendly forum member Toad! He wanted to see if I could complete a lap in Super Mario Kart without losing any coins or getting towed by Lakitu. I'd also get brownie points if I used Toad. I actually expanded upon his idea, though. I completed a whole race using Toad without getting towed by Lakitu, losing any coins, bumping into anything, and I came in first place!

I actually haven't played Super Mario Kart much at all, so the skills you see in the video are derived from my experience in other Mario Kart games.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkTrYwr6ZkM

Watch it in high-quality for the best results.

Enjoy and remember to thank Toad!

Check out my profile for more cool videos!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:48:52 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »
Awesome video!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »
Nice job! You're so great.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 07:15:13 AM »
Not having played any Mario Kart game but the Wii version, that still looked difficult to me.  Mostly the part where you had to catch up from dead last.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »
Quote from: Swordlegacy
lol, is this on the DS?
Ah, YouTube commentary.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Sqrt2

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:50:59 AM »
There's a 150cc mode? I can't beat 100cc.....*faints*
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 10:57:07 PM »
WOW! Good job. I haven't played Super Mario Kart (SMK) in a long time. Plus the memory is broken, so too bad I can't save any data. Oh, well, at least I'll still enjoy it.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 11:12:48 PM »
Amazing, I never have got to play the first. Is it any good? (I hear it is.)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »
I'm not the one to ask for that since I haven't played it too much, but I enjoyed it the times I have played it.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »
It is one of the best games ever! If you happen to find it in a treasure chest or perhaps under a loose rock, then it's definitley worth adding to your collection.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »
Or, more realisticly, on Ebay.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »
or Half.com, or mabey Amazon.com

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »
A friend of the family has--or maybe had it--and that's the extent of my playing it. Meh.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »
Good going. Great video. I should try that. But in order to I would need to borrow the game again.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Print