Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 368985 times)

« Reply #1140 on: November 25, 2013, 08:06:02 PM »
What do you think was the hardest gym leader in Pokemon Emerald?
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1141 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
I never actually played all the way through Emerald, only Ruby/Sapphire. It's been a long time since then, too. The first time I learned what natures even did was during the last time I played Ruby. Until just a moment ago I thought that meant I was sure of which of my still-owned pokémon is the oldest, but I just remembered I also have a few from an even earlier FireRed playthrough...

Doesn't answer your question.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1142 on: November 26, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »
What do natures do? I'm still kind of thrown off by that bit
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1143 on: November 26, 2013, 03:36:47 PM »
Most increase one stat by 10% while decreasing another, while others do nothing.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1145 on: November 28, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »
Hatred.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1146 on: November 29, 2013, 03:43:30 PM »
I predicted that response.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1147 on: November 29, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
I saw it first in a neogaf thread where an argument broke out over whether it was as bad as cheating in pokémon creation (making perfect ones from nothing, making shinies, and completely bypassing the breeding process). I'm in the boat that would never do that either, doesn't think it's okay, but also doesn't think it's as big of a problem because at least the pokémon I can get can feasibly have the same quality stats, so contending with that kind of cheater is no more difficult than with someone who plays the game as it's meant to be*. The ones who talk sense say that hacking pokémon ruins trading and using this thing ruins battling--each makes up half of the point of going online at all (substitute "collecting" for "trading" and you have, more or less, the two halves of the point of the entire game series) and I happen to be one who values battling more. But this first month and a half of online interactions has been good and I hope Game Freak cracks down on every way it's attempting to be screwed up, and soon.

*Actually come to think of it, when Bank is released it's going to be a bigger pain. Move tutors won't be available in generation 6 until another game comes out and that means if I want, say a Soundproof Bastiodon with Magnet Rise I can't also breed for one with perfect stats.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:19:09 PM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1148 on: November 29, 2013, 06:33:24 PM »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #1149 on: December 02, 2013, 01:49:05 AM »
You're in luck. I pasted it to the bottom.
Sorry for the late reply but oh man that took me back

I thought I'd try to draw up the minun again in that style

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1150 on: December 07, 2013, 03:42:54 PM »
Pokemon Amie was a great in-game mechanic.  I'm disappointed it doesn't factor into online play at all, but I think I understand why.  It would amp up the "random luck" factor.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #1151 on: December 07, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »
That reminds me: When I challenged my rival recently, I used my Zygarde against all of his Pokemon, and was totally about to lose on Absol, with only one HP... but once the Absol's hit landed, the game told me that "Swabbleton toughed it out!" (Yes, that's my awesome name for it).

Apparently Pokemon Amie fun stuff saved him, and helped finish off all six Pokemon.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #1152 on: December 13, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »

« Reply #1153 on: December 29, 2013, 09:28:36 PM »
You've got to feel bad for Aurorus.

« Reply #1154 on: January 06, 2014, 01:59:34 PM »
Has anyone tried Pokemon Showdown?

Print