Print

Author Topic: Lyrics help  (Read 8104 times)

« on: January 19, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »
I've searched for the longest time for this song and I cant find it anywhere.

It's a dance-techno song that was popular in 2007 and may have the word "grave" in it's title and goes "o-oooo-o-ah-ah-o-oo". That is the best I can describe it sorry. I have been tracking this song for ages and if anyone knows the name and artist, that would be wonderful.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:58:28 PM »
Yes, lyrics would help indeed.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 06:44:47 PM »
Well, that's all they say in the song. I guess I'll try it again. "ahha-aa-a... aaaaaa-aaaaaaa-aaa-aaa-a-a-a. I think that's more accurate. The singing style sounds like a fast-paced church chorus, and that is the best I could do. I'm just glad it's not a complete instrumental!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »
Can you recall any media that it appeared in?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:53:28 PM »
No, but it was played on the radio a lot and distinctively I remember it being played in Circuit City.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
Can you upload a sound clip of you singing it? Or maybe try here or here.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 07:01:45 PM »
Results that lead to a Turkish March are not very helpful.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
*tries Bored.com's song tapper* Actually, that's pretty good, provided the song's been entered in the database and you can tap on each lyric syllable (you might accidentally tap the melody).
*tries melody you put up* No help. I wish there was a database of songs with nonsensical lyrics, one that would include that "I'm a Scatman" song and the blue da ba bee song (I was so embarrassed when my parents were trying to write down the lyrics to it).

Drives me crazy when I remember the melody of a song but can't make out the lyrics (or they're foreign or the lyrics are just aah aah). On top of that, Google doesn't have links for lyrics to some songs. I'd like to know each song that's used in Louie Devito's "Dance Factory Super Megamix", but I can't identify some of them because typing their lyrics into Google doesn't help.

But I was able to discover that a song I was looking for since childhood was Michael Jackson's "Earth Song". I knew it was that one because it was right around the year I deduced it occurred, I thought Jackson was female because of the high voice (explaining why I remember the song being sung by a woman when it wasn't), and it had the same sort of melody.

There was some other song I heard in a store sometime, and I tried to keep the lyrics and melody in mind all the way home, but couldn't. Another potential song lost. And I couldn't ask anyone what it was because the song ended almost immediately after I noticed it. Stores need to start having electronic things saying what music they're playing, because there's usually a wide variety of music and some of it's good. One time at the grocery store I heard Phil Collin's "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven". I still find the idea of music in a grocery store strange, but whatever.

EDIT: I didn't find it, but "Kiss From a Rose" by Seal sounds to me a lot like what you're saying. Doesn't sound like dance-techno though and it's from 1994 (won a Grammy in 1996). Some nonsensical lyrics, "a light hits the gloom on the grave aah-ee-aah". YouTube video here (ignore that it's a Final Fantasy X AMV).
The part that reminds me of your melody is 1:16 - 1:21. I like the song.

EDIT 2: There's also " Stealin' " by Uriah Heep, that's got the church sounds in it and "oo-oo oo-oo ah ah ah oo-oo oo-oo ah ah ah" and a lyric near the end has the only instance of the word "grave". It's a lot closer to what you're looking for, but it's from 1973, it doesn't quite sound like techno, and it doesn't seem fast-paced.

There's also Dj Cammy's "Ah Ahh Ahhh" (it goes under a billion different "Dj" names and other artist names, it's the same song but remixed I guess) which is indeed techno, but you mentioned oo oo so I don't think that's it either.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:03:31 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:08:35 PM »
and the blue da ba bee song (I was so embarrassed when my parents were trying to write down the lyrics to it).
It's "I'm in need of a guy." And the Yoshi's Story song is "Oh, lack of apples."
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »
Ah-aaa-ah-ah-a... aaaaaa-ah-ah-a. This is basically the entire song. I was almost certain someone here would know the song considering how popular it was. Maybe 'grave' isn't in the title or Artist but it sticks out in my mind for some reason. Maybe it's a similar word.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:36:27 PM by nensondubois »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 02:28:26 PM »
It's "I'm in need of a guy."

It's "If I were green I would die."

Or maybe it's just scatty sounds.
every

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 02:30:35 AM »
No, but it was played on the radio a lot and distinctively I remember it being played in Circuit City.
Is the song sung by a man, a woman, or a group? And what genre of music is it? Did you hear it playing in Circuit City this year, or last year?
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
It is sung by a chorus of men, I last heard it in 2007-2008 in a circuit city.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »
What radio station did it play on?
The below statement is false
The above statement is true

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
Probably Z-100. If you mean the radio station in the store then I have no idea.

Print