Print

Author Topic: The GRAD thread: Discuss your post-secondary education plans here!  (Read 32828 times)

« on: June 01, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
Every twelfth-grader knows the situation: An older family friend or relative approaches you in hopes of making small talk, beginning with that most tiresome question, "Do you know what you'll be doing after high school?" Due to exasperation over having answered this very question countless times, or perhaps due to genuine uncertainty, you nonchalantly give a vague response before directing the conversation elsewhere.

So, Class of 2010 and beyond, I'll now become your honourary aunt by asking you this: What are your plans? Off to college? To university? Straight to the workforce? Embarking on a soul-searching journey, perhaps?  Discuss.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »
I graduated from high school 2 years ago. Can I still contribute?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 09:54:03 PM »
NO GTFO MY THREAD

Err, absolutely!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:55:39 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 10:03:09 PM »
I straight-out told them I'm going to college. it worked with a little discussing afterward. It's unavoidable.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »
I knew exactly where I wanted to go when I got out of high school. I applied to TCU and was accepted (only 1,000 out of 12,000 applicants were accepted). My parents were happy to pay for my tuition.

I wanted to study religion and become a pastor. As you know, I am now irreligious. I'm majoring in sociology (I was, for a little while, majoring in philosophy).

The majority of graduates from my high school either go to work or attend community college. I am very glad I was given the opportunity to leave The Colony, as its residents consist of potheads, gang members, rednecks, and the like.

I wouldn't recommend going to TCU unless you are rich, planning on majoring in business, or are very conservative. Regardless, I enjoy TCU and wouldn't want to go elsewhere.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »
As a person who graduated, I'm just going to let everyone know that I intend to do absolutely nothing with my life in the future.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 12:58:07 AM »
Some people simply exist I suppose.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 12:59:48 AM »
Forget this; people were constantly asking me what I was going to do after college.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »
Every time someone asks me what I'm going to do after college, I ask them if they're a soothsayer.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 06:54:44 AM »
What I intend to do and what I will do may be two different things, but whatever.

I want to go to college - somewhere close to home preferably, to take advantage of free room and board.  I don't know what I'll major in, but hopefully it will involve music or drawing/animation somehow.

I say "music or drawing/animation" because I'd like to go into entertainment, with my first choice being game design.  In my opinion (and I could be very wrong about this), I have more natural talent for composing music than drawing things.  Of course, I'm nowhere near a professional level in either area; I'm still learning, after all.

PS: I really really despise writing code and math in general, which is why I'd rather not end up doing a math-heavy job if I can at all help it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
I'm in my second year of college at SVA. I'm an animation major. I don't know which company I want to be hired by when this is all over, but my big dream is to have my own internet-distributed cartoon.

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »
I'm going to college for computer science but I don't have any of the details planned out yet.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »
Provided that everything works out, I'll be taking Algonquin College's Radio Broadcasting course this September. (b-_-)b

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
Graduated college last month. No idea what I'm doing now.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 11:47:39 PM »
What did you major in? You could get a government job...

Print