Print

Author Topic: The GRAD thread: Discuss your post-secondary education plans here!  (Read 33079 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »
What was your thesis, Steve?

I'm in an accelerated Master's program at Purdue -- instead of writing a thesis, you take an applied statistics exam and prepare an oral defense of your answers. My written part was still something like 12 pages and a Powerpoint, though, so it's almost as long as a thesis would've been.
Though, if I were to write a thesis, it'd be on the probabilistic/Bayesian side of poker strategy. No, really.
~I.S.~

« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2011, 12:48:23 AM »
In twelve hours' time, I'll have officially completed my first year of college.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2011, 01:19:07 PM »
So I guess there's a good chance I'll be living on campus, so as to get full tuition as opposed to 75%.

Of course, room and board costs mean that it's not quite that simple, but it still works out to be slightly cheaper.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2011, 12:15:29 AM »
Does that mean you'll finally be able to play M-rated games?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2011, 07:39:22 AM »
Actually my parents seem to have finally loosened up about that, perhaps because they can't maintain the facade and still expect me to attend college this year.  I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on my PS3 and Parasite Eve on my laptop.

« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »
Ahh, same over here. It would cost less for me to stay on campus than live at home and commute everyday. As of now, I'm completely debt-free for my freshman year.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »
Did you skip the first two ACs? That seems kinda weird.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
I played the second game, but everyone I talked to who recommended the series also recommended that I skip the first game because it's... mega repetitive?  Apparently?  Anyway, yeah.

« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »
You're missing out bigtime. Too late for that though I guess.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »
I registered for my fall term classes today.

Print