Print

Author Topic: Goriest Game  (Read 12753 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:18:08 PM »
Over the years, there have been plenty of games that rely on shock value more than anything else. The game quality really has no factor. In my opinion, F.E.A.R. had the most gore in recent years, and the game itself was good. For instance, you could blow off an enemy's arm, then slow down time and shoot it again while it's airborne, then shoot the enemy in the head. What game do you think has the most gore?
every

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 04:02:35 PM »
Mortal Kombat is comletely focused on gore. I hate games that have gore...

Some friendly advice: You shouldn't get into too much detail, because it might be against the rules.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »
Swearing is against the rules, but I'm not sure mildly describing gory scenes is. But I wouldn't go into too much detail anyway.
every

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
Hmmm....this is a tough one. Resident Evil is somewhat gory, but it's not the worst I've ever seen. Mortal Combat is pretty bad too. I just dunno.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »
Don't forget Kill Thrill! The whole game was completely focused on shock value, so much so that it was never even released. This means that quite a few stages involved commiting lewd acts with a midget on stilts and/or dismembering a French maid. It was never released on account of most people have good taste, or something resembling thereof.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »
:D :D :D
Lewd acts with a midget on stilts?!?!?!? What kind of a game would have something as ridiculous as that?

* MaxVance faints from laughing so much
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 10:12:30 AM »
Don't forget Kill Thrill! The whole game was completely focused on shock value, so much so that it was never even released. This means that quite a few stages involved commiting lewd acts with a midget on stilts and/or dismembering a French maid. It was never released on account of most people have good taste, or something resembling thereof.

Holy crap....I've got to find this game.

The only gory game that comes to mind right now is Mortal Kombat, which is a pretty good fighting game though the continues additions of more and more random people is getting annoying.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »
It wasn't released, Mr. Wiggles.

I'll go with Postal 2 for gory game award or whatever.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »
Considering how insane it sounds, I'd be suprised if Kill Thrill was even in development. Was it really?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »
There's some game out for PS2, I think it's called Nanobreaker. It's so gory, in order to avoid the ESRB, they call the blood "oil."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »
Yeah, Nanobreaker was the goriest game ever for PS2, though the blood was called "oil" (though it was red) because it came from "robots" (who looked like living things). Wimps. If you call blood oil due to the excessive amounts of it and the game STILL gets an M rating, then you should tone it down a bit.
And yes, Kill Thrill was actually in development, and the engine was later used to make Wu Tang: Shaolin Style, also for the PlayStation. The legacy of crap lives on.
every

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 06:51:23 PM »
This is a tough question, but I'll go with Killer 7. You actually use the blood from enemies as power-ups.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 09:38:20 AM »
Well, that was stylized blood...and besides, Killer 7 is so freaking wierd that, for all we know, "blood" could mean "health drink" or something like that. Regardless, Killer 7 gave me nightmares. It's just so...wierd.
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »
Turok scared me when I was a lil bop, like between 8-10.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 01:03:07 PM »
The second-to-last level in Turok (right after the T-Rex and right before the final boss) with the bodies hanging everywhere made me stream warm urine down my pants when I was a wee (hehe) lad. And now that I'm older, I realize that it has a psycholigal scariness, too - There's a ton of guns and health all around for you to pick up, which more than clues you in to the fact that there's a tough-as-nails boss fight at the end...I haven't yet beaten that stinking Campaigner...
every

Print