Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704834 times)

« Reply #6960 on: October 06, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »
I had to get my wisdom teeth out (impacted) and its just grueling pain. The dentist only took 2 out and scheduled me in a few weeks to get the other two out. My face has never been so big.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #6961 on: October 07, 2010, 02:29:49 AM »
Apparently I've been banned from the chatroom, I can't get in. Would love to know what I did wrong, I haven't even been on there for months...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6962 on: October 07, 2010, 12:55:36 PM »
I see what happened. You should be able to get in now.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6963 on: October 07, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »
I refuse to send EA any more of my money.  I was going to buy both the PS3 version of The Sims 3 and the Late Night Expansion for PC, but their stupid online order process has turned me off all EA products.  I selected Paypal so that I could simply click to complete my order.  All of the relevant info they requested is in Paypal, but they insist on me entering it anyway.  So, I did.  Then, my email address is already registered so they make me start all over.  Screw that crap.  Why would I waste my time typing all that info again AND pay shipping for something I could have, but will not purchased in a store (without shipping and get sooner) EVER!  Then I try to contact them, but they only allow contacts from registered members.  If you ask me, EA has gotten too big for my support.  Why do companies like EA make it hard to buy their wares?  And, why would anyone register in order to contact a company and by doing so wave their rights?  I repeat, EA sucks and I refuse to send them any more of my money!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6964 on: October 08, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »
Well, I got my picture in the newspaper. A photographer for the local newspaper came to the skatepark, and when I asked him what the article was about, he said, "We're doing an article to show that the skatepark scene is actually a good, clean one because it tends to get a bad rap." Pretty cool, right? There's a catch, though. A small ministry team originating from Wisconsin called "Skaters of Christ" had been touring the country and ended up at our skatepark. We were not aware that the photographer for the newspaper had been recruited by Skaters of Christ the day before to come get media of them visiting for the following day (especially when the photographer made no mention of the team when I talked to him).

The caption below the picture reads: "Skaters with a Message - Members of Skaters of Christ participate in a demonstration Thursday at the Temple Skatepark. Getting ready to drop in to the ramp are [our names]. Skaters of Christ is a skateboard ministry that tours the country with a goal of sharing the message of Jesus Christ with extreme sports athletes."

That's me in the middle on my bike. Everyone who appeared in that picture was named in the caption, as you just read. However, the caption seems to be borderline slanderous because it virtually flat out states (or at least heavily implies) that all pictured were part of the group especially when no one in the picture was actually a member of Skaters of Christ and were actually just locals of the skatepark, myself included.

While I may or may not have the same views as Skaters of Christ and may or may not support them, I was kinda bothered by the fact that we were identified incorrectly. While it doesn't say "Members of Skaters of Christ, [our names], prepare to drop in", it definitely implies it, and who will be the only people that know we're not part of the group? Only us 7 that appear in the picture and others that know us that know we're not part of the group.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 12:24:16 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6965 on: October 08, 2010, 11:36:34 PM »
That is troubling. My family and/or I have been in the local paper our fair share of times, and it's usually laughably bad at getting the facts straight.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6966 on: October 09, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »
On the bright side, there could've been much worse articles to have appeared in.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #6967 on: October 09, 2010, 07:08:24 PM »
Reminds me of the time I won this relatively big Guitar Hero contest and got my pictures taken and everything, and all I saw in the newspaper was "A Guitar Hero Contest was held [at the fair] on a Wii type device." (It was actually played on a Xbox 360)

I wasn't too disappointed since I still got the prize. I must have been making a really obnoxious face into the camera that they wouldn't use it.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6968 on: October 09, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
What are some other "Wii type devices"?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6969 on: October 09, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #6970 on: October 10, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »
I see what happened. You should be able to get in now.

I can get in now, thanks.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6971 on: October 10, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »
People think i'm a gamer, boo hoo!

I am NOT a gamer, i am a guy who has a vested interest in videogames

« Reply #6972 on: October 11, 2010, 01:45:58 AM »
The dentist put something strange on my teeth.

And I've been taking obscene amounts of painkillers >.<
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6973 on: October 13, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »
Earlier this week, all my Opera bookmarks were inexplicable deleted. Less than an hour ago, I saved a Photoshop I'd been working on all day as a jpeg, and both the original and the copy were somehow irreversibly corrupted into "0. Files". I wish I could live long enough to use a computer I could trust.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6974 on: October 13, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »
Maybe you need a good hard drive or something.
That was a joke.

Print