Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707860 times)

« Reply #7095 on: January 23, 2011, 07:32:49 PM »
I was denied my license because I didn't turn my windshield wipers on to get the remaining water off of the windows...but I drove almost perfectly.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7096 on: January 23, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
I had the opposite problem.  Every time I used a blinker on my mom's van the windshield wipers would turn on.  I passed fine though. 

Learning wasn't fun though.  My first time I made if half way around the block before my dad stopped me, got out, took the driver's seat, and completed the block home in silence never to help me again.  Our block was in such a topography that each stop was on an upward slope which made it hard for me in a standard. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7097 on: January 24, 2011, 12:50:01 AM »
Attention n00bs who are terrified to drive:

Driving (automatic transmission) is easier than every single videogame you have ever played. Anyone who posts on this forum should not be scared of driving.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7098 on: January 24, 2011, 01:32:22 AM »
Agreed, but there's usually no physical risk in multiplayer video games...

« Reply #7099 on: January 24, 2011, 02:39:00 AM »
I can drive fine but parking is something I can't seem to handle well.

Might have something to do with me always trying to get it right the first time while remaining in the same speed as if I was still on the road.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7100 on: January 24, 2011, 02:51:13 AM »
Actual footage of Mr. Wiggles parking:

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7101 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
If this was the "You laugh, you lose" thread I'd have lost 20x.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7102 on: January 24, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
Actually, now that I think about it, that's wrong, LD. I can think of several games I've played that are easier than driving, even automatic. Among them:

-Gradius III (SNES)
-modern Tetris (exception: The Grand Master series)
-Kingdom Hearts II (exception: the recycled fanservice bonus boss)
-BioShock (it's like if you and your car respawned every time you crashed)
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (it's like if you could just fly everywhere instead of driving)

« Reply #7103 on: January 24, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »
You really think driving is harder than Bioshock? And Tetris? Sounds like someone needs practice driving.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7104 on: January 24, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »
Dude, have you played modern Tetris? The way that game works nowadays, walking is more difficult.

And, again, BioShock has Vita-Chambers. The way they're implemented, there is literally zero difficulty unless you turn them off. If you want, you can just equip the wrench and kill everything with that forever, because if you die you'll just be brought back instantly and be able to go right back to smacking whatever just killed you. Like with JRPGs, it comes down to patience rather than skill.

« Reply #7105 on: January 24, 2011, 07:27:52 PM »
There's a difference between doing something and being good at it. Bioshock has infinite lives, but you have to be good to not die. Anyone can boot up Bioshock and die repeatedly until they chip away enough of their enemies' life that they reach the end credits. Anyone can sit in a car, hit the gas and "drive" until they hit something, but the point is to be good at it. Being good at games is IMO harder than operating a vehicle.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7106 on: January 24, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
Operating a vehicle isn't the hard part.  The hard part is anticipating and reacting to the other people out there operating their vehicles.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7107 on: January 24, 2011, 07:33:25 PM »
The original argument:
Driving (automatic transmission) is easier than every single videogame you have ever played.
had nothing to do with "being good at" games. Just playing them. Of course being good at games is harder than driving.

« Reply #7108 on: January 24, 2011, 07:35:22 PM »
I have never physically driven any vehicle even once, and I am subject to get my driver's license in a few months.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #7109 on: January 24, 2011, 07:36:23 PM »
Again: anyone can play a game and sit there and die over and over. That's not hard, but that's also not trying (playing). Trying to be good at games is harder than trying to drive.

Print