Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1696026 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7170 on: March 13, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »
I've heard very mixed things about folks having their wisdom teeth removed.  On the one hand you have the camp that tells horror stories about how painful and annoying the whole affair is; and on the other hand you have people who disregard the first group and tell you "they're exaggerating, it's not that bad."  Which group is telling the truth?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7171 on: March 13, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
All I know is there's a chance I'll have mine out within a year or two, especially since I had braces an equal amount of time in the past. I think they put you under, though, right?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7172 on: March 13, 2011, 08:30:05 PM »
For the worried: I was awake through my procedure, but heavily numbed. The numb shots were painful at first, being shots and all, and I could feel the spots where they entered my gums for a long while after. But they did their job, making it feel like the actual removal was just a lot of pressure, not serious pain.

After the first pair of teeth were removed, I made the mistake of staying awake until the bleeding stopped. Again, it didn't hurt--it was just frustrating, being gagged by the gauze. I recommend sleeping until the bleeding stops and you can spit that crap out. I did that the second time and saved myself a deal of annoyance.

For as long as you've got the stitches, you can't eat, you have to have nothin' but milkshakes and pudding. This can leave you feeling somewhat hungry a lot of the time, and rather sick of milkshakes. Mix some fruit juices and stuff in vanilla shakes to help prevent that.

Also they say you can't use straws for the duration.

I barely took any of my painkillers. I simply wasn't in pain, just sore, as if I'd saved the world by chewing up a moon-sized meteor. Tired.

The stitches will loosen up when you're ready for 'em to go, but if an end comes loose too early it can be really annoying. Just grin and bear it until the whole thing is loose enough to go. I pulled 'em out myself with a tiny pair of scissors and tweezers.

After the whole thing you've got four more spots to really pay attention to. Stuff gets caught back there and early on you may not realize it.

But overall it wasn't so bad for me but it must vary from person to person. Add from dentist to dentist.

For Peach: Other? Then you must already know what to expect for your case... Good luck, I guess.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7173 on: March 13, 2011, 11:24:24 PM »
Which group is telling the truth?
Both. It's the matter of a question called, "How much of a ***** are you?"

« Reply #7174 on: March 13, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
This man had his wisdom teeth removed three hours prior to the taking of the following photograph:

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7175 on: March 13, 2011, 11:37:20 PM »
I'd expect oral surgery to be worse than, say, having a puff of air shot into your eye.

« Reply #7176 on: March 15, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »
Haha yes I've had the two on my right side removed and I was SUPPOSED to get the other two out yesterday but because Medical changed their procedures I have to have the surgeon approve it, which is insanely stupid because he approved it in October and I had to wait to get the other two out because of personal reasons.

So yes, now I'm stuck with the pain until next month. Ammoxillian and Tylenol 3.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7177 on: March 15, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »
I've been to three too many funeral services in a month.

« Reply #7178 on: March 22, 2011, 06:37:17 PM »
This was in my college newspaper today. I've been lucky enough to avoid Pony[bundle of sticks]s so far, but this sharply decreases that luck now.

[Please upload the image somewhere and make it a link with language warning -Deez]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:46:29 AM by Deezer »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7179 on: March 22, 2011, 07:00:49 PM »
Your college newspaper allows profanity?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7180 on: March 22, 2011, 07:15:11 PM »
There's two actually. The official one run by the journalism department and this one run by the student council. You can clearly tell the difference in standards with that article.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7181 on: March 22, 2011, 10:32:50 PM »
I know obsessively liking things ironically is more or less an internet pasttime, but it's kind of become like chewing plain gum for me: It's not unpleasant outright, but it just gets tiresome after a while.

« Reply #7182 on: March 23, 2011, 01:10:25 AM »
I wrote that article you guys.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7183 on: March 25, 2011, 10:48:15 AM »
While watching Dragon Ball Kai episode 96 yesterday, I noticed something. Kai's beautiful score has been replaced with the old Japanese score from Dragon Ball Z. Apparently the musical composer Kenji Yamamoto plagiarized other sources.

Although his actions are truly reprehensible, I ****ing loved Kai's soundtrack. It pains me that I'll never get to hear it in another episode.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7184 on: March 25, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »
Bah.  Bruce Faulconer is where it's at, anyway.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print