Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1704509 times)

« Reply #7200 on: March 30, 2011, 11:03:34 AM »
All you need is some tiger blood and Adnois DNA.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7201 on: March 30, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »
Does that look like a site written by somebody with half a brain?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7202 on: March 30, 2011, 04:42:35 PM »
Does that look like a site written by somebody with half a brain?

*Insert sexist joke here*
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7203 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »
Well, for roughly the last day, I've been feeling like I'm gonna throw up. No idea why, really--I mean, because of a combination of lactose intolerance and my personal diet, I'm usually nauseous every other day, but this... this is monumental. It's got to be some kind of bug, or something, but my phobia of being/making myself physically ill means I'll be suffering through this until it miraculously dissipates or I run the risk of going Number Three (or is it Four?) all over a public place.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Puqtd

• now member
« Reply #7204 on: March 31, 2011, 02:01:29 PM »
i lost at checkers >:O
~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-~`';_-*-

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7205 on: March 31, 2011, 08:56:23 PM »
I'm now wishing I had joined up with Club Nintendo and registered my copy of Other M before trading it in.  I need one more Wii title to get Platinum status, and I've registered all the ones whose inserts I can find.  Those PINs really should be included in the manuals instead of the stuff I've learned to file under "stuff I don't need."
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7206 on: March 31, 2011, 11:51:11 PM »
You must unlearn what you have learned
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7207 on: April 01, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »
Ok, so I went to McDonald's today, and I ordered two plain double hamburgers. One and exactly one was made correctly, the other had everything.

How on earth do you possibly make one right but not both? And of course before I left I checked the one that was right, so now I have a hamburger I can't eat. Awesome.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7208 on: April 01, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
How on earth do you possibly make one right but not both?

That's easy. Most humans are ****ing stupid.

« Reply #7209 on: April 01, 2011, 03:37:50 PM »
Fast food is a field that is rather hectic, and not one person makes all the sandwiches.  I don't know if you've worked at a Wendy's/BK/McDonald's/etc., but they have some of the most pain-in-the-buttocks managers, who want it in and out as fast as possible. 

Also, I don't see how it is inedible.  Scrape the rest off if you really don't like it and move on.  At least it isn't a chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and no chicken (This actually happened to my father from BK)

Yea, people aren't smart, but if I had to choose between picking off a tomato, and, say, someone forgetting which pedal is the brake, I'd be happy I can still eat at all.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7210 on: April 01, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »
I assumed he had allergies and maybe picking whatever off wouldn't guarantee he'd be able to safely eat it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7211 on: April 01, 2011, 04:27:51 PM »
I assumed he had allergies and maybe picking whatever off wouldn't guarantee he'd be able to safely eat it.

About half right. I have fairly strong textural issues with food that make me unable to eat a lot of different foods. And it wasn't just picking off tomatoes, there was cheese (already melted), ketchup, probably mustard, etc. It's a bit of a waste but I'd probably not be able to eat it without throwing up even if I tried to pick off whatever I can.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7212 on: April 01, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
How on earth do you possibly make one right but not both? And of course before I left I checked the one that was right, so now I have a hamburger I can't eat. Awesome.
For every student I teach with a 120 plus IQ there is a student with below an 80 IQ.  The later group is more likely to work at McDonald's.  The former group is more likely to complain about it or simply abstain from such establishments.  Besides, the jobs there are rather hectic and unfulfilling.     
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7213 on: April 01, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
I'm not going to lie -- I would not be able to work a week at a fast food place. I see what goes on there, and the shift managers are usually (not always, but usually) power-tripping. And I have a very short fuse. All it takes is one unjustified insult and I'd get fired.

Fortunately I have other ways to make ~minimum wage even if I don't have a job, but still...
~I.S.~

« Reply #7214 on: April 01, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
The later group is more likely to work at McDonald's. 

And philosophers with high IQs end up working at McDonalds anyway.

Print