Print

Author Topic: Mario Basketball (not what you think)  (Read 5533 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: December 13, 2004, 09:37:11 PM »
Usually, I let Luigison post Nintendo/Mario news here first, but this one is just too good to pass up.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 04:37:38 PM »
What an odd pic. Apparently, I'm an ESRB rating now.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 07:46:36 PM »
Woah...O_o
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 07:49:06 PM »
I posted this early this morning or late last night (except with the image and url from IGN, but now can't find the post.  Oh, well.

Edited by - Luigison on 12/14/2004 5:53:50 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 07:52:47 PM »
What is the All-Stars thing for in the corner?

Edited by - Suffix on 12/22/2004 2:46:55 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 08:01:18 PM »
> I posted this early this morning or late last night (except with the image and url from IGN, but now can't find the post. Oh, well.

Which is exactly why it was deleted.  Dupe post.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 08:10:47 PM »
Thanks.  I must have missed your thread and didn't notice the date/time on it before I made my previous post.  You were right to delete it.  I must be getting slow(er) in my old age.  (Reading my user name in your first post is funny now.)

Anyway, I think that having Nintendo characters in 3rd party games is a great idea.

Oh no.  I missed the mailbag too.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 04:23:29 AM »
But the idea is not innovative...

Remember Link's playable appearance in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 11:34:58 AM »
Of course not.  It's for $$$.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 04:33:40 AM »
Here's a extract from IGNCube's Mailbag...

It has some more details on the Super Mario part of this game...

Do you have any more details on NBA Street Vol. 3 with Mario characters yet?

Matt responds: A few. There have been a couple of rumors going around that as far as I've heard are false. The biggest and dumbest is that NBA Street Vol. 3 for GameCube features an additional disc with a completely original Mario All-Stars Basketball game on it. That's simply not true. Rather, the Nintendo All-Stars characters and one original court are included in the GCN build of NBA Street. You can play as Mario, Luigi and Peach (no others) and there's a Mushroom Kingdom-style basketball court with appropriate sound effects. For instance, when your Gamebreaker Meter fills up, you hear the Super Mushroom sound effect. The second rumor I've heard is that the Nintendo characters cannot interact with any real pros, and this is also false. You actually square off against real NBA athletes using Nintendo's three mascots and the experience is wholly surreal because Mario, Luigi and Peach stand about half as tall as some of these basketball giants.

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 12/22/2004 2:36:00 AM

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 04:48:58 PM »
Interesting. I wonder what that court looks like.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 10:14:36 PM »

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 11:42:17 PM »
Hm, they (Mario and Luigi in particular) seem blowwn out of proportion...  Then there's the lighting.  Mario, Luigi, and Peach just don't have that same...  atmosphere (?) as the rest of the human-like players.  Interesting pics, though.  Could a "Mario Basketball GC" be far off?  I shudder to think.
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 11:51:03 PM »
This ain't The Mushroom Kingdom: Video

Edited by - Luigison on 3/5/2005 9:53:28 PM

Print