Print

Author Topic: Countdown to Wii  (Read 30705 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: October 30, 2006, 06:23:25 PM »
Well, I figured that if there's been a countdown to Super Mario Sunshine before, there should be one for Wii. This is the unofficial topic for the countdown to Wii. Feel free to share Wii anticipation, any last thoughts about Wii before experience, and talk Wii (Will you wiiserve Wii for mii?). So,

Prepare! Wii in 20 days.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 10:34:56 PM »
Well, I might as well share some of my thoughts on the Wii:

-I'm glad that Nintendo is reaching out to a bigger audience with games for the casual gamer as well as the Hardcore gamer. It's great for the person playing the game, and it's a great buisness decision on Big N's part (if there's more playing Nintendo's games, Nintendo will get more fans and thus more money), but I'm just afraid that somewjere along the line, Nintendo might forget about the Hardcore gamer. I'm not saying they will, they've already got a great line of games made for the skilled gamer looking for a challange (Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Metroid Prime 3, etc.), but I'm afraid they won't produce enough of these games and lose the core gamer. But hey, I think Big N knows what they're doing, so I know Nintendo will manage to keep the Hardcore gamer, and attract some casual gamers as well.

-On the other hand, the Wii-mote's motion sensing capabilities will provide all sorts of imaginative game ideas for the console, like what Nintendo's doing with the DS. In a world of crap games like Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis and Drake of the Ninty-nine Dragons, isn't that what the hardcore gamer really wants-nay-needs?

-I heard that in UK, because of a law preventing a electronics being left on over-night or something, Nintendo can't have Wii-Connect 24 in that area. I wonder how NoE will get past that one? Maybe people in the UK will have to download the WC24 content online manually?

-Here's the games I'm hoping to get at launch:
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (At first, I wasn't going to get this game, because I just wasn't that mature of a gamer. Recently, I thought to myself, "Robert, stop being such a wimp and go get the game. It's been highly hyped, and probably a great adventure to boot. Don't deny yourself probably the best game for the Wii at launch.")
-Rayman Raving Rabbids(At first, I had no interest in the title. I thought it was going to be another installment in the Rayman series, nothing special. But after I read all about the unique things the creators are placing in the game in an article in NP, I immediatly wanted the game at launch.)
-Excite Truck (When I heard about this game at E3, I automatically wanted the title. Why? I guess I liked the idea. All of the physics-defying jumps of Excite Bike, but with big ol' trucks.)
-Elebits (A creative idea definately worth checking out. Could this be Nintendo's answer to Katamari Damacy?)
-WarioWare: Smooth moves (What can I say? I'm a WarioWare fanatic.)

Those are my thoughts on the Wii.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:20:32 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Sqrt2

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:56:57 AM »

-I heard that in UK, because of a law preventing a electronics being left on over-night or something, Nintendo can't have Wii-Connect 24 in that area. I wonder how NoE will get past that one? Maybe people in the UK will have to download the WC24 content online manually?

Where have you heard that? I leave my electric toothbrush charging overnight and I've never been arrested or anything!

Anyway, the games I'm most looking forward to are: Red Steel, Prime 3, SM Galaxy and Brawl (and maybe Trauma Centre). However I won't be getting one at launch unfortunatly...not unless I rob a bank or something (which I can't be bothered to do quite honest).
AA fanboy and proud!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 03:05:23 PM »
Robert, I have no doubt that Nintendo will forget any kind of gamer. Stop worrying about such a reliable company.

Hopefully, I will have enough money to buy just Wii at launch. I'm spending my last $50 to reserve it, but after a run with eBay, I should have enough. Besides, I'm sure Wii Sports will hold me at bay until I get some money, or I'll just wait until Christmas. Once I can get a game, it'll probably be Twilight Princess.

Be Relieved. Wii in 19 Days.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 03:24:06 PM »
Er, the countdown clock at GameStop said 18 days ....... oohh.
Well I don't know if that means really, it could be a miscalculation or ...... heheh. Speaking of which, they were all out of pre-orders. ;_;
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 04:08:43 PM »
Where have you heard that? I leave my electric toothbrush charging overnight and I've never been arrested or anything!

Anyway, the games I'm most looking forward to are: Red Steel, Prime 3, SM Galaxy and Brawl (and maybe Trauma Centre). However I won't be getting one at launch unfortunatly...not unless I rob a bank or something (which I can't be bothered to do quite honest).

Oh, sorry. I meant that the British government banned all electronics from going into stand-by mode, which is what WiiConnect24 is planning to use.

Robert, I have no doubt that Nintendo will forget any kind of gamer. Stop worrying about such a reliable company.

Yeah, you're right. I had a little bit of worry, but with games like tLoZ:TW, SSBB, MP3:C, SMG, Project H.A.M.M.E.R (a game I'm very interested in buying when it comes out), Disaster: Day of Crisis, Red Steel, Fire Emblem and tons more, it's apparent that Nintendo hasn't forgotten the Hardcore gamer

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 04:44:06 PM »
I know it's old news but I absolutely DESPISE the controller.
"A winner is you"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 05:00:15 PM »
Really? Er, why? It's such old news that I don't remember it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 05:54:13 PM »

I thought you stopped hating it after you heard about Rayman: RR.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 06:52:56 PM »
Really? Er, why? It's such old news that I don't remember it.

I was saying that the controller is old news.We already know its capabilities.

Rob I never said I stopped hating the controller.even after heaing about the available games.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 06:56:47 PM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 07:17:09 PM »
Might I politely ask you to explain why you hate the Wii-mote, Dark_Shark? Personally, I think it will inspire all sorts of new, imaginative game ideas from developers. I already have a few creative ideas for games myself. But I don't own a company, and I'm too young to work, so I'll have to wait for games to get made.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 07:49:13 PM »
Check me down as one of those who procrastinated on his Wii-order and will camp out outside Toys R Us the night before. I just hope bum rushing is enough to get me Twilight Princess. If not, I'll settle for ExciteTruck, Trauma Center, any GC games I missed out on.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:53 PM »
Might I politely ask you to explain why you hate the Wii-mote, Dark_Shark?

*sigh*

I appreciate you asking politely,but I'm not going to answer.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 09:46:05 PM »
Most anticipated release games:
1. Call of Duty 3
2. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Warioware: Smooth Moves
4. Excite Truck
5. Wii Sports

Favorite features:
1. Wii Shop
2. Mii
3. Opera Browser
4. Photo Channel
5. Weather

Too bad Toys 'r' Us isn't taking pre-orders... I guess I'm going to have to camp out overnight.

Oh, and I found this.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 01:09:13 AM »

You don't have to use the Wiimote, there are other options available if you're really desperate.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print