Poll

Where do you place your Wii's sensor bar?

Above the television
33 (89.2%)
Below the television
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Print

Author Topic: Common "Sense"  (Read 12351 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »
For all you lucky Wii owners out there: where do you place your Wii's sensor bar? Do you place below your beautiful television and next to your awesomely awesome Wii, or do you place it in triumph over your television set, having it gaze out into the unknown frontier of your living space?

In my case, I do not yet own a Wii. I am still among the millions and millions waiting to get one for a more realistic price other than that on Amazon.com or eBay. But, if I did have Wii, I would think it would work well underneath the television set. But, how about you?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:10:06 PM »
On the top of my TV, and my Wii is floored next to my TV.

I don't even know quite why I prefer it on top, I just do.

(EDIT/Off-topic: haha, no clue how I got this CT.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:26:23 PM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »
I have mine underneath the TV, and I use a rubber band to deal with all the slack.

On a side note, I recently discovered something. I had always thought that the Wii remote emitted infrared light, and the sensor bar "sensed" where the light was coming  from. Not true... The sensor bar has infrared emitting LEDs.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »
When I first got it, it was on a high-up black thing and it was impossible to set it below. When my room was redone and I got a new entertainment center (hand-me-down) I had it below. Then I moved my computer desk and rotated my TV so I would be able to see my TV from my computer, and I don't think it'd really work to have it below at this angle. In short, above.
Suffix is right. If you take a picture or shoot a video and the sensor bar is in it, the ends glow purple. Isn't that neat-o?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 12:59:27 PM »
I put it below the TV. The TV connected to my Wii is on top of my dresser so having the sensor bar on top would be really high. I also use that little stand for it, since using the tape pads would make it hard to move (in case you wanted to take the Wii somewhere).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 01:00:42 PM »
Well, it's on top of the T.V, but I'm thinking about putting it bellow, only because I'd rather sit on the floor than in a chair.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 02:27:19 PM »
Our TV hangs on the wall, so I've placed it on top.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 04:06:57 PM »
On top.  Below would make my knees interfere with the signal if I leaned back.  Besides, I have a 50" read projection TV.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »
On top. I was delighted to find that the two colors of the sensor bar (silvery and black) matched my TV's color scheme perfectly. Blends right in! I don't know if anyone's ever noticed it.

By the way, most excellent thread title.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 05:00:14 PM »
I wish the Wii and/or more games had sensor bar calibration like Zelda: TP.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »
I place it above my TV, so that it can gaze triumphantly across the messiness that is my room of living.

.. I've played too much Superstar Saga, and it's sequel, just to see Fawful speak. Sorry. (sorry for being off topic, as well). I HAVE FURY!

I've been thinking of moving the sensor bar to below my TV, since it sits on the top of my entertainment tower (to small to be called an entertainment center), but if I put it below, my VCR/DVD player might interfere with it, so I'll just leave it be, for now.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 05:28:41 PM »
No, your VCR and DVD player won't interfere with the bar. The sensor bar is poorly named in that it does no actual sensing-- it just has five infrared LEDs at each end. The Wii Remote does the actual sensing.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 06:04:05 PM »
My windows sometimes interfere with mine though.  At my fathers house I played facing away from the TV using the stove light.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 06:06:59 PM »
Outside light occasionally interferes if I play in the day.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »
Nothing really ever interferes with the remote. But when I had those Christmas lights over my window, I could interact with all four corners of the screen pointing at the window.
Edit: And everywhere in between.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print