Print

Author Topic: Bleedthrough  (Read 48695 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »
This is a non-games related example, but yesterday I got in a big-ass fight with my dad, wherein I said "dad" a lot. So a few hours later, I get a phone call from my girlfriend. I called her "dad" at least five times.

On a more gamesy note, I saw a movie the other day on TV that had a dude in a ten-gallon hat. I immediately identified him in my head as an Engineer.
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
This is a non-games related example, but yesterday I got in a big-ass fight with my dad, wherein I said "dad" a lot. So a few hours later, I get a phone call from my girlfriend. I called her "dad" at least five times.

When I was dating my ex-girlfriend Meagan, I sometimes slipped up and addressed my mother by her name.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »
I gotta stop playing this game: today, driving on my street again, this time at night, a rabbit almost ran under my wheel. Instead of swerving away, my mental reflex was, "oh, just another dumb rabbit" and almost tried to run it over. Then, no joke, I had the exact same mental process occur as every time I see a rabbit in RDR: "I feel bad running over this bunny because I like bunnies IRL"

« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »
I just looked at my RL watch trying to check what time it was in Dead Rising. I think that's the first I've had simultaneous bleedthrough while still playing the game itself.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
Well, I think I've had a few times where I craned my neck or tilted in vain when the camera wasn't working very well.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2010, 09:52:13 PM »
Same. Just imagine how often we'll be doing that with the 3DS.

It's not gaming-related, but I once attempted to "click" the text in the liners notes of a CD. Ronnie Van Zandt's name was highlighted and underlined in blue, so I instinctively poked it.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2010, 07:13:15 AM »
My 4-year-old daughter plays Nick Jr. games on DS and on their website.  A couple of times in real life she's said something like, "When you see a (insert object here), click on it."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
The other day I was boiling water to make tea, and got frustrated it was taking so long. I then said in front of my brother and BP "Why isn't this water loading!?"
No! I don't want that!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
Does that mean that a watched game never loads?

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »
The other night, as my friends and I were loading vomit-stained beddings into the washing machine, I momentarily wondered what the soiled pillows and sheets would be alchemized into.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »
Playing so much Reach has given me repeated strong urges to jump out in front of oncoming cars and activate my Armor Lock at the last possible moment, causing them to exploding into flaming wreckage against my invincible body.

A very dangerous bleedthrough.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:40:22 PM by Lizard Dude »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2010, 05:34:57 AM »
What? I do that all the time, and I've never played Halo: Reach.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
It was a really foggy morning today, and for a second I thought, "Man, I should increase the render distance..."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2011, 09:58:41 PM »
Lv. 10? Is that why you run so slowly?

Print