Print

Author Topic: Bayonetta: This is going to be the best!  (Read 13490 times)

« on: September 23, 2008, 04:01:55 AM »
Until today, I'd really only seen info on one of the upcoming PlatinumGames games. (PlatinumGames, you'll remember, is the studio that formed from the ashes of Clover.) This was MadWorld, the black-and-white-and-red-all-over hyperviolent Wii title. For reasons I'm not totally sure about, I recently started getting EGMs mailed to me. The one I just looked at had an interview with Hideki Kamiya, creator of a few little things like Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe and Okami. His new baby is called Bayonetta, and it's for the good system, Xbox 360 (and PS3).

Now I will quote things from the article so you can share in my excitement:

Bayonetta wields four guns in total: two guns in her hands and another two on her feet.

The names of Bayonetta's guns are Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme.

With Okami, I tried to create an adventure game that a lot of people could enjoy. But for this one, I'm really concentrating on the action. And we're a team that's really good at action games, so we wanna create an extreme action game. So when we call a climax scene a "climax scene", it's not just a climax scene–it's like the extreme climax scene. It's not just something that you can sit back and press the button and get through. You have to be really into the game and sweating and drying your contact lenses while you're playing. That kind of serious gameplay.

When she does the two-step jumps, she's using the power that only women have, the beautiful power, the beauty in women. Beauty power.

Bayonetta's outfit isn't actually leather despite the stitching you see in the CG art–it's magical hair that covers her entire body, and it's used in her attacks. So in-game, she'll become more and more unclothed as she uses these hair attacks. The most powerful ones render her almost completely nude.

But out of all those action titles, there's one game that I am paying really close attention to that I think is a rival series–a good game–which is called God of War. I guess they're working on a sequel? I want to make a game that exceeds God of War's sequel. That's one title that I'm paying attention to.

The whole theme of her attacks is "sexiness". When I was working on Dante's theme, it was "coolness", and Joe's theme was "beauty". When you punch somebody, you could just do a straightforward punch. But to make it cool, you have to add this one little move that makes it cool, and it's the same with Bayonetta. So what do I want Bayonetta to do was the question. What I want her to do is to use that little space to make herself look sexy.

This is going to be the best game ever.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 04:54:35 AM »
I can't decide if this is fake or too ridiculous to not be fake.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 05:13:45 AM »
While I agree it is too awesome for our world, the laws of physics have somehow still allowed it to exist.

Check out the movie on the website!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 06:03:05 AM »
While I agree it is too awesome for our world, the laws of physics have somehow still allowed it to exist.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:40:12 AM »
Obviously it was too much awesome for IE to handle.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:41:58 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 06:42:59 AM »
Actually, it came up okay when I tried again...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »
Well, I'm definitely down with a game featuring a sexy, technically naked witch with guns on her feet fighting angels. That, and it's made by "PlatinumGames" (Clover!). However, I've naught but a Wii, and I doubt I'd get away with playing it if I had anything else.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 09:39:42 AM »
Her guns have cool names.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »
It looks like a really cool game.  I'll probably buy it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 03:52:26 PM »
CrossEyed7 is 86 years old?

But yeah, I'm not too sure about this. Unless there's some extra-sweet gimick to this game, I don't just want to play DMC with a female Dante. Over-the-top-ness alone doesn't do it for me.
every

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 01:52:20 AM »
Reminds me of Bloodrayne somehow. Or the movie Grindhouse, with that lady who had a gun for a leg. And I thought P.N.03 was about being stylish while blasting things to smithereens. Er, well, Viewtiful Joe was also about being stylish.

Idea sounds cool, yes, but I just have my doubts that it's going to be any good because the concept's so high up in the air. Extreme action scenes? Feet guns? Attacks that gradually make the woman more nude? Press a button for extra sexiness? Sounds gimmicky to me.

And I hear "this is gonna be the best game ever" bandied around a lot in response to games with ridiculous concepts, or starpower (imagine a game with Chuck Norris and Samuel L. Jackson in it), or games that look so bad as to be good. I'm pretty sure the label was applied to that DS/PSP game "Napoleon Dynamite: The Game" too.
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 11:09:33 AM »
The DS version was way better than the PSP version, I heard.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's going to be good, maybe even kewl, but it was obviously carefully designed in a P.R. lab somewhere to raise eyebrows and be spread through word of mouth. This is obvious because the only "features" revealed so far are LOLZ SHE HAS GUNS ON HR FEETS and OMG SHE HAZ NEKID BOOBYS. Like Snakes on a Plane, they're trying to make a cult classic by having a goofy concept and playing it totally straight, which will probably backfire on them once everyone on the internets realizes they've been manipulated into buying a DMC reskin.

I'm still buying it, though.
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
LOLZ SHE HAS GUNS ON HR FEETS and OMG SHE HAZ NEKID BOOBYS.

LOLZ RLY???
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
Why are you people so nervous about this being maybe not good? This guy's last two games were Viewtiful Joe and Okami.

And P.R. lab? You think this guy can't be crazy on his own? His last two games were Viewtiful Joe and Okami!

Print