Print

Author Topic: Things in need of Pokéfication  (Read 15793 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
I like that guy. He looks like he should start out as pure Flying type and then his final evolution is Flying / Ground. And next generation add in a branch where he turns into a waterspout instead.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:13 PM »
It crossed my mind that its second type could change based on where it's been, like with Burmy and Wormadam. However, as there's only one pure-flying-type, and it's a legendary, I'd personally want to see it stay. Or perhaps give it a variation of Multitype, where it gains a second type by holding move-boosting items like Nevermeltice and Hard Stone. I dunno.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 05:57:54 PM »
would like a word with you.

Proposed [dukar]ty moveset:

-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Twister
-Rapid Spin
-Whirlwind
-Razor Wind
-Hurricane

Maybe it could also learn weather moves like Rain Dance and Sandstorm, as well as related attacks like Whirlpool, Fire Spin and Rock Throw.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »
I was thinking of that guy.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
I don't think there's enough change between forms. Would it be the first flying only?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
Ah. Clearly haven't been paying attention to the thread. Or games, I guess.  Oh, I didn't see that there was another page of replies. Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
There's not a lot of change between Ponyta and Rapidash, or Growlithe and Arcanine, or Seel and Dewgong, or Omanyte and Omastar, or Kadabra and Alakazam, or Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot, or Clefairy and Clefable, or Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Poliwrath, or Machop, Machoke and Machamp, etc.

I think less that all the Pokémon in gen 4 are terrible than I used to... but I still think a lot of them are over-designed. Gen 5 stepped back on that a little but there's still room.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 02:19:36 AM »
It blows my mind that there isn't a mosquito Pokemon yet.  Bug/Dark of course.  I'd love to see it as kind of a cute bug with some classic Dracula elements to it. 

Going in kind of a different direction, I'd love to see Poison become a more useful type.  Some of my favorite Pokemon designs I'll never use (especially Trubbish/Garbodor, but also Muk/Grimer and Koffing/Weezing), because Poison is such a worthless type.  It's POISON, why wouldn't it be good against grass?  Or most living things

Branching off that idea, I'd love to see an atomic explosion/mushroom cloud Pokemon as a Legendary.  Fire/Poison type. 

The jack-o-lantern Ghost/Grass idea is awesome too. :)

I'd also love a jellyfish Pokemon that isn't an ugly ******bag. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 04:59:02 AM »
Going in kind of a different direction, I'd love to see Poison become a more useful type.  Some of my favorite Pokemon designs I'll never use (especially Trubbish/Garbodor, but also Muk/Grimer and Koffing/Weezing), because Poison is such a worthless type.  It's POISON, why wouldn't it be good against grass?  Or most living things

I can't speak for how the game is currently, but Weezing always was very good as a defensive 'Mon. Competitively speaking though.

I'd love to see some Pokemon based off some of the creatures in the southern hemisphere. Australia and New Zealand especially. There are some freaky animals in this neck of the woods, there's no reason why they can't be adapted. I'd use the heck out of a dropbear Pokemon.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »
It blows my mind that there isn't a mosquito Pokemon yet.  Bug/Dark of course.  I'd love to see it as kind of a cute bug with some classic Dracula elements to it. 

Branching off that idea, I'd love to see an atomic explosion/mushroom cloud Pokemon as a Legendary.  Fire/Poison type. 

Quick correction: Poison IS super-effective against Grass. In Gen 1, it was also good against Bug Pokemon.

I agree about the mosquito Pokemon. Maybe it could start as a pure Bug-type larva thingy before turning Bug/Dark (or Flying) and learning lots of HP-draining moves.

I doubt there'll ever be an A-bomb Pokemon, for obvious reasons. If Kuro were still kicking around, I'd get him to make a legendary duo called Hirosaki and Nagashima.

I'd love to see some Pokemon based off some of the creatures in the southern hemisphere. Australia and New Zealand especially. There are some freaky animals in this neck of the woods, there's no reason why they can't be adapted. I'd use the heck out of a dropbear Pokemon.

There could be a whole region modeled after Australia. It could appear in a Ranger-like spinoff called the Pokemon Hunter:
Koalas? Emus? Tasmanian devils? Dingos? Platypi (Psyduck doesn't count, no matter what anyone says)? Bird/fruit-hybrid kiwis? Shoe-dwelling funnel web spiders?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:11:35 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »
Quick correction: Poison IS super-effective against Grass. In Gen 1, it was also good against Bug Pokemon.

I doubt there'll ever be an A-bomb Pokemon, for obvious reasons. If Kuro were still kicking around, I'd get him to make a legendary duo called Hirosaki and Nagashima.

Thanks for the correction on Poison types.  Can you tell I don't use them?  All I could remember is that after Gen 1 they lost super-effectiveness against a type.  And yeah, I can imagine an A-bomb Pokemon, cool as it would be, would also be a PR nightmare on a few different levels.

There could be a whole region modeled after Australia. It could appear in a Ranger-like spinoff called the Pokemon Hunter:
Koalas? Emus? Tasmanian devils? Dingos? Platypi (Psyduck doesn't count, no matter what anyone says)? Bird/fruit-hybrid kiwis? Shoe-dwelling funnel web spiders?

Ahh!  Platypokemon would be insanely awesome.  A pre-volution for Kangaskhan would give us a more obviously kangaroo-based pokemon, and could end the weirdness of Kangaskhan being born already caring for its own baby... 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:37:37 PM by billy chilly »
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 04:09:51 PM »
Poison's not really that bad. Poison-types can't be poisoned. They resist Fighting and Grass. A good number of them have abilities or types that neutralize one of their two weaknesses or make them ineffective.

Poison moves kinda suck though. They're pretty much only around to cause poisoning. But Toxic is better, and anything can learn that. Burns are better than regular poison, too, and Will-O-Wisp has made that more of a usable strategy.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
Poison has gotten better over the years.  The main reason it seemed useless in Gen 1 was because most of the grass pokemon at the time were part poison.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
Speaking of poison types, they could make a poison/rock line based on radioactive elements. Start with Cobalt 60, the. Radon, and end with Plutonium. Give it an ability where when it enters battle it auto poisons the opponent for 5 turns. Their names could be based on their discoverer or something like their usual use
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:40:30 AM by CoconutMikeNIke »

Print