Print

Author Topic: E3 2012 Predictions / Wishlists  (Read 13362 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
Wii U:
A camera/sensor to support head/controller tracking like Johnny Lee's old idea: 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw</a>

Or something like the vitality sensor built into the Wii U controller:

3DS:
A new model with dual sliders and at least one 3D classic like something from Super Mario or The Legend of Zelda.

But who knows.  Not me.  E3 is too far way and I haven't had that second glass of wine yet. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 02:53:03 AM »
Still waiting for F-Zero U.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 03:11:03 AM »
This seems likely, especially if it just ends up being a digital-only version of the 360 with Kinect built in rather than being a completely new console. I'm hoping it's that so I don't have to look at potential new games I'll never own. Hmm.

I hope Square Enix announces a US release date for Final Fantasy Type-0. I also hope it's not download-exclusive, and for the sake of Vita owners (not that there are a lot of them!), I hope it's not retail-exclusive like some previous releases.

I hope Skullgirls, Fez (lol), and Spelunky! HD (loooool) are out before E3 so I won't be taunted by their existence if any of them are displayed at the show.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:13:35 AM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
Mario Kart Wii U!
You know it's coming. With Dry Baby Metal Wadaisy © SEGA 1991.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »
Whoa.  If Dry Baby Metal Wawaluigi Jr. is not in Mario Kart U I'm BOYCOTTING. 

Stuff that isn't announced that I'd love to see:
Pikmin 3
F-Zero
Starfox
Wii U's killer app (Mario, Zelda, something new?)
I know it's too early for Smash Bros. news, but I'd still love to hear/see something
Half-Life 3

Stuff that has been announced that I'd love to see more of:
Pokemon Black 2/White 2
Wii U
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
Half-Life 3
And Portal 3
And Team Fortress 3
And Mass Effect 4.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:50 PM »
A sequel to Super Mario 3D Land will be announced/shown, despite being previously mentioned that it would be difficult to make a sequel.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 12:32:46 AM »
I'd love to see Yoshi and true flight (instead of hovering and floating) in Super Mario 3D Land 2. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »
Actual flight would kind of screw up stage design though, considering that past attempts at flying Mario in a 3D game were not involved (for the most part) in levels that are of the point-A-to-point-B type.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

CrossEyed7

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 07:47:49 PM »
Actual flight would mean Nintendo letting go of the leash a little. Flight was always a gamebreaker. Raccoon flight was at least a little limited and a little integrated into gameplay, but the Cape and the P-Wing just let you skip entire levels instead of going through them the way they're meant to be played. And that's why they're fun.

Modern Nintendo is afraid to let go of the player at any point. They could have made the Red Star usable on any level in Galaxy; made it into a P-Wing that just lets you do whatever you want, completely skip over entire sections, go to places you weren't supposed to in ways you weren't supposed to and probably run into glitches, just like you could with a P-Wing or a Cape, but some players might get confused and frustrated at the glitches. But that's what made it fun.

Ultimately, you can't design a game as fun and timeless as SMB3 because, as expertly crafted a game as it is, so much of what makes it perfect wasn't designed at all.

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »
Actual flight would mean Nintendo letting go of the leash a little. Flight was always a gamebreaker. Raccoon flight was at least a little limited and a little integrated into gameplay, but the Cape and the P-Wing just let you skip entire levels instead of going through them the way they're meant to be played. And that's why they're fun.

Modern Nintendo is afraid to let go of the player at any point. They could have made the Red Star usable on any level in Galaxy; made it into a P-Wing that just lets you do whatever you want, completely skip over entire sections, go to places you weren't supposed to in ways you weren't supposed to and probably run into glitches, just like you could with a P-Wing or a Cape, but some players might get confused and frustrated at the glitches. But that's what made it fun.

Ultimately, you can't design a game as fun and timeless as SMB3 because, as expertly crafted a game as it is, so much of what makes it perfect wasn't designed at all.
I'd put the Minecraft logo here, but that would definitely get me banned from the Mario forum.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:41:29 PM by bobbysq1337 »

Print