Takamaru's Ninja Castle
1 (16.7%)
Captain Falcon's Twister Race
2 (33.3%)
Balloon Trip Breeze
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Land: Favorite Solo Attraction  (Read 2668 times)

« on: December 07, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »
All the games except Takamaru's have significant merit, but Octopus Dance is light-years beyond the rest in my book. It's Space Channel 5 with independent arm control, motion-leaning, and inter-move transitions. I did not expect such glory from Nintendo Land. The music rules, too. The buildup into Stage 5 and the Extra Stage is the highest a game's made me in awhile. Bravo. I got the 5 stamps and platinum trophy very quickly so it'd be cool if it were longer/harder/more varied between runs but you could say that about any of these minigames that you love. I'm happy with what I got.

I give second place to Falcon's Twister Race. It's a magic moment when you hit Area 9 and the music kicks in.

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:23:42 AM »
Octopus Dance is a lot of fun, but since I only recently have been able to play my Wii U again, I'll have to give the games some more time before I make my decision.

I enjoyed Balloon Trip too; the others I never logged much time into in the first place.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
Did someone vote Takamaru just to troll me or do you actually love it?

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »
Did someone vote Takamaru just to troll me or do you actually love it?
Partly to troll you, mainly because I enjoy the way it looks, the control is good as long as your hands don't get tired, and throwing the ninja stars to try to beat your score is pretty addictive. Octopus Dance is pretty good, but I don't particularly like rhythm games. I do, however agree that Twister Race is second.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Print