Print

Author Topic: Marching Band  (Read 9554 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2003, 06:32:37 PM »
I forgot to mention my band.

I am in the top band entitled, "Wind Ensemble." I am also 1st chair out of four. The people I beat are very good, so that means that I am a bit better. They totally messed up a chair test, but I knew the music very well giving me the advantage.

Stupid inventions- Ejector seat for helicopters.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2003, 08:07:44 PM »
Marching 100? I've heard of that before, but I don't remember where? Where are they from again?

I like cheese!

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2003, 09:22:07 PM »
I'm not in marching band anymore, b/c I am in college.  No college within driving distance from my house has a marching band, but I still play in the symphony.  My little brother's marching band is doing a 70's theme and have just put the whole thing on the field......yes, it took that long for them to finally get it.  He goes to Satsuma High School as was my Alma Mater.

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2003, 09:07:48 PM »
I have a sister in a college marching band. It's the Pride of SMSU.

She's co-captain of the color guard there, which is like a pretty big thing! They're performing at the GSL festival next weekend as the exibition group.

Yeah! I get to see my sister perform! We're both on color guards, except I'm in highschool, and, well...she's not! :)
I like cheese!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2003, 10:13:16 PM »
The Marching 100 have had A LOT of state competitions that they have won.

They are from Belton, Texas, the county seat of Texas right in the middle of the state. Belton's an awesome place to live!!!! Woo!

I will be in the Marching 100 next year, woo even more!!!!

Stupid inventions- Ejector seat for helicopters.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2003, 09:07:15 PM »
Awsome man! Go for it! :)

I figured out where the Marching 100 was that I was thinking of. It's Alton High School in Illinois. Those are two totally different states.

That's so awsome! :)

I like cheese!

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2003, 02:15:51 PM »
I'm in marching band. I play bass drum. I'm going to play snare next year. I'm better than both our snares, but I missed tryouts. This might sound like boasting, but if you heard me play next to them, you want me to play snare, too. ;)
The surprising thing is, the Northmor High School Marching Band(That's my band, if you can't put two and two together.) is one of the best things we have at our school. It is rivaled only by the Girl's Cross Country team and the wrestling team. That's why were the Pride of Northmor. Our football and basketball teams suck. Big time.

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2003, 01:11:18 PM »
Our school doesn't give a crap about our marching band. There's even a new rule at our school that says all the cars need to be movied out of the parking lot by 3:30 so we can practice. It's now called the "band parking lot". You think we could use the stadium field, but noooooo! Football people don't want us to tear up the field!

Sigh...we put up with so much!

But yeah for snare drums! They're amazing! :)
I like cheese!

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2003, 08:46:37 PM »
We're allowed to practice on the real field, but we aren't allowed to set our drum harnesses on the "precious" track,(it goes around the football field, by the way)because we might damage it. We set them there anyways, and then drag them along it. We're so rotten!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2003, 12:06:13 AM »
"Who's bad?"
~Michael Jackson

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2003, 11:40:01 PM »
Oh no! We don't want to damage the track or anything now do we! (hint of sarcasim)

People just don't seem to realize how hard the band works during the marching season now do they! It's so unfair. But...what cha` gonna do about it? Tear up a field and track? Oh wait! We already did that! :)
I like cheese!

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2003, 11:59:57 PM »
I'm in marching band - I play alto sax.  We just did a show last saturday.  Went pretty well - we got a 1st for general score.  Anyone else play alto?

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2003, 10:16:14 PM »
I have a friend who plays alto. Or maybe it was tenor. No...wait. I have friends who play both alto and tenor! Okay.

Off subject...sorry.

:)
I like cheese!

Print