Print

Author Topic: It IS true! Microsoft DID buy out Rare!  (Read 5350 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 02, 2002, 06:39:43 AM »
Go to Xbox.com (the official Xbox web-site) and click on the large RareWare logo.

I thought Banjo and Kazooie were Nintendo characters... The article said that a new Banjo and Kazooie game is in development for the Xbox as well as a NEW PERFECT DARK!!!

This is the TRUE reason to get an Xbox...to play the best games ever created by Rare!
---

GameCube, Xbox...it's all good!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 10/2/2002 7:03:32 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 03:11:24 PM »
It IS true! You DO live two weeks in the past!

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #3:

Girl: Hey, we`re all calling this guy up and yelling at him. You want to try?
Frostbite: Why would I do that?
Girl: He`s really mean. He calls people crackers.
Frostbite: So? Why should I care?
Girl: You`d want to be called an hors d`oeuvre?
Frostbite: If you think crackers are hors d`oeuvres, you must be poor.
Girl: Ew!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 01:02:58 AM »
Yeah... you didn't know that already?

P.S. SFA is the greatest game ever made by Rare. Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark don't even compare.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 06:05:48 AM »
Perfect Dark and GoldenEye 007 (remember that best-seller?) are two of the best First-person-shooters ever created! Ha ha ha ha!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 06:07:50 AM »
By the way, I had thought you guys were joking ar being sarcastic about the RareWare thing...I had no idea that it was true until I went to Xbox.cxom and saw the article *shudders*... I hope Rare can make just as good games on Xbox like they did with Nintendo.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 10:27:30 PM »
Bah! Most games on Nintendo systems are good because of "Nintendo magic". When games that were on Nintendo before go to other systems now, the magic is lost, and the franchises cease to be good.
See, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye may be good FPSs (Yes, I have to admit that Goldeneye 007 is entertaining), but in my opinion, FPSs are the worst kind of game. So therefore, they can't compare to games like Mario and Starfox Adventures. That's my opinion.

That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2002, 10:35:01 AM »
I may just dump nintendo and get an X-Box. I thought nintendo owned Banjoo Kazooie?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2002, 11:37:05 PM »
No, they are owned by Rare, as stated earlier. Besides, isn't Rare still going to make some stuff for GCN?

That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2002, 09:34:08 AM »
Im the first person to speak of this X-BOX- RareWare matter.
/me so smart

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 02:42:19 PM »
Yes, I found out the info the day it happened in Seville, Spain, I believe (I don't remember the date).
It is true that the evil Microsoft (I am ashamed I am using their software and internet browser right now) bought them out.  The games were good, but I am NOT going to get an Xbox just for those games.
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2002, 08:43:13 PM »
Why be ashamed?!
The Xbox part is a different division from Microsoft!
Microsoft PC stuff = good
Microsoft Video Game stuff = EVIL
Have you got that yet?

That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2002, 08:21:21 PM »
What about DK Miaymoto made him what will become of him???
Should I put something here?

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2002, 09:08:19 PM »
Nintendo has exlcusive rights to all original properties and franchises featured in the games developed by Rare. Including all the Kongs and all the Star Fox characters. In fact they are currently working on a new SF and DK games. This information comes from issue 115 of GI.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2002, 09:15:33 PM »
I, for one, knew they were making another Starfox game, but the big question is... will it have Krystal in it?
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2002, 08:02:05 AM »
You mean Rare is working on another Donkey Kong/StarFox game? Or do you just mean that Nintendo is making them without Rare's help...

I heard that Namco was teaming up with Nintendo to develop a new StarFox game...
---_---_---_---

And that is all I have to say.

Print