Print

Author Topic: PlayStation 2... Please don't flame me for this!  (Read 1816 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: November 06, 2002, 08:15:31 AM »
I like Sony's marvel of technology, the PlayStation 2. I love the fact it's built-in DVD player is much better than Microsoft's crummy Eeeeeeeeecccccccchhhhhhhh-Box (Considering that I don't have a DVD player of my own)...

The PlayStation systems will live on because of the amazing success they have had in the video game industry, due to Sony's clever marketing strategies - and the large amount of support the PS2 has recieved from video game developers! Sony is marketing the PS2 to a wide audience of all-ages people (just like Nintendo).

Sony's success in the video game industry will live on just like Nintendo...

---_---_---_---

And that is all I have to say.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/6/2002 6:25:31 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 12:11:38 AM »
"Sony's marvel of technology, the PlayStation 2"... what do you mean by this? It does not have advanced technology. By current standards, it is low-tech.
DVDs... I don't care about DVDs...
Most of them anyway...
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 09:52:59 AM »
Okay, so what if the PS2 technology is a few years old? People are still buying it because it's POPULAR and SUCCESSFUL! N64 has outdated technology and people still play it!

Video games aren't about the latest technology or most advanced graphics...it's all about FUN! Sony and Nintendo both know this, that's why they are marketing their systems to appeal to all ages of people!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 08:03:29 PM »
Hey, what about the SNES? The greatest system ever? (My opinion) it has really outdated graphics, but some of the most fun games I've ever played (All the games on my top 3 ever are SNES.)

Just because the PS2 is "outdated" doesn't mean it can't be successful. It currently has the most variety in games now (Yes, a lot of mediocre ones, but several good ones as well!) and it will thrive.

At least it isn't the XBox... XBox really only caters to FPS plaers and Sports game fans. Those happen to be my 2 least favorite genres in all of gaming. Unforunatly, those are the only 2 my class cares about...

Remember: 80% of my class knows no Mario games after SMW. The other 20% knows no Mario after MK64.

To conclude, despite the PS2's "antiquated" graphics, it can still be a solid system with a large variety and an even larger fanbase.

PS: What exactly does this have to do with MARIO?

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 12:11:46 AM »
Nothing, It's just that Mario Maniac is really "Game Industry Status Maniac".
Yes, antiquated systems are good, and all I was really saying is that PS2 isn't a marvel of technology anymore. I have nothing against older systems. Heck, I was playing Excitebike earlier today because there's no other game like it. (Except Excitebike 64, of course...)
I wasn't meaning "it's bad because it's old", I was just stating that it is outdated.
That was a joke.

Print