Print

Author Topic: Classic Nintendo or modern Nintendo?  (Read 6182 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2002, 12:33:01 AM »
What about a total remake of SMAS... done in 3D! That would be cool!
And Ooze, I agree that you can get the old games for the old systems and that's fine, but I like having the SMA games because I like to be able to take classic Mario stuff with me, rather than having to leave it at hope, and somewhere later, sitting somewhere for hours, having nothing to do. Although I do agree that they should make a new GBA Mario game.

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2002, 10:21:30 PM »
I like the idea of old Mario games being converted to GBA, though I think they changed the games a bit too drastically and while I personally don't really mind the voices, I think they should've at least had the option of turning them off.

But yeah, words can't express how much I'd love a brand-new Mario game for the GBA.  Although I suppose the high expectations for the game would be tough to live up to, Nintendo would probably rather focus on Mario 128 and not have to worry about making the best sidescroller ever.

However I hope Nintendo eventually releases a new Super Mario All-Stars game for the GCN.  It should at least have SMB1, both SMB2's, SMB3, SMW, and SMW2:YI.  It would make sense to put SMK on there too, and maybe even SMRPG if Square allows it.  Also I think the game should have new enhanced versions of the games but also have the option of playing them in their original 8 or 16-bit forms.  And voices should be added to the games but there should be the option of turning them off.  Also wouldn't mind seeing the lost levels of SMB3 added to the game, along with some brand-new levels, as Worlds A-D.  That would be cool, but I guess that's asking for too much.  OK, I'll shut up now.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2002, 12:10:37 AM »
Other than SMB2, I can't think of a way they've drastically changed the SMAs.
And in my opinion, SMA is WAY better than SMB2 (USA).

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 09:38:12 PM »
I am board so I will revive this topic. MuHaHaHaHaHa, MuHaHaHaha!!!

Nintendo has already made a 3-D side-scroller:Wario World.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 03:58:07 AM »
...Though they hadn't made it back when this topic was made.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2003, 06:45:44 AM »
There is a new Mario game for the GBA called "Mario and Luigi". It is a platformer with RPG elements, like turn-based battles and leveling up. You control Mario and Luigi at the same time, but you can switch between characters for enhanced gameplay, like solving puzzles. Kind of like the character-swapping in Donkey Kong Country.

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 7/31/2003 5:46:37 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2003, 04:48:48 PM »
Speaking of DK, I wish they would make a new side scroller! No offense, I didn't like DK 64 at all.
 n/a

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2003, 05:15:22 PM »
I don't like D.K. period.

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2003, 08:55:29 PM »
Getting back to the topic. I dont think there are enough truely 3d Mario games to judge which is better. But if i had to choose the 2D games are better so far.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2003, 06:18:28 PM »
i love both but they get a tie

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2003, 09:03:50 PM »
Yay!

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2003, 02:13:26 PM »
You know what? I thought of a REALLY relevant quote...  I'm now changing my sig to it...

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print