Print

Author Topic: What Mario Sports game do you think should be next?  (Read 7436 times)

« on: August 23, 2000, 08:54:11 PM »
Which sport would you like to see Mario and the gang play next?

Nothing''s impossible, maybe unlikely, but not impossible.
Nothing''s impossible, maybe unlikely, but not impossible.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2000, 06:54:48 PM »
It doesn't really matter to me, as long as it's another hit from Camelot; they're really on a roll.
The only game I wouldn't buy would be Mario Bowling or Mario Wrestling...

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2000, 08:30:15 PM »
I don't completely agree with all these Mario games with no plot- in particular the sports titles.  It's cute and all, but I (personally) would like to see some Mario games with real substance.  I mean, if I want to play tennis (or any other sport) I go out and play.  In the real world.  Not in a simulation.  Does anyone know what I mean?  I think that making a sports game with popular characters just to make a few bucks detracts from the original story.

I know everybody disagrees with that opinion, but please don't flame me.
Someone set up us the bomb!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2000, 11:49:32 PM »
I'm sure not everybody disagrees with you, but there's a whole that that do. :\
Mario Golf was excellent IMO, and Mario Tennis is getting raved left and right from sites that got copies early.

I see where you're coming from, though. Video sports games are never as good as the real thing. The weird thing about me is that I like video games of sports I hate to play, and I hate video games of sports I love to play. [shrugs]

Now that I've thought about it more, maybe Mario Volleyball would be pretty cool -- I absolutely hate volleyball. :)

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2000, 07:54:29 AM »
I'm not really into sports, and rarely into Sports games (because they're often made with no thought in order to sell a title such as NBA, or a particular sport-player).

But these Mario sport titles are really easy to get into and play. I loved Mario Golf, and its the only Golf game I've ever liked (even the older Mario-related golf games were a bit yuk!)

But Mario Kart is fun, not as fun as real go-karting, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be made. It doesn't do anything for the storyline...

Sport titles have to be very well executed in order to be any good, and Camelot are doing it really well so far. And the bonus is that my fave Ninty character is in it ^_^

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Ralph Wiggum "I bent my wookie!"
Wolverine "This is... a big round room!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2000, 10:45:06 AM »
Yeah, Mario Kart is a lot of fun.  I'm sure that I'd love Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, too (come on, it's Mario!)

Guess I'm just a little bitter about the delay of SM64 2 and SMRPG 2...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2000, 11:35:04 AM »
yeah, well, Pokemon and Zelda(no offense) are
the reason we had no real Mario games in a while.

BANG YOUR HEAD!
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2000, 01:16:49 PM »
I want Mario Mud Wrastlin'! ...not really..

Although I would like to see Mario Volleyball..good thinking, Deezer.

notice all the Mario games made from Camelot so far aren't traditional sporting events(baseball, basketball etc.)?

I guess that makes sense, cause Mario Football or Mario Baseball would be really dumb in my opinion. I just can't imagine Mario hitting a double or Peach getting a sack...

..hey, what about Mario Skateboarding? ...it would be inspired by Skateboard Scamper...hehe..

-Luigi

Do my funky dance, Oy Oy Oy!

*does victory dance after SSB fight*

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2000, 01:18:04 PM »
I want Mario Mud Wrastlin'! ...not really..

Although I would like to see Mario Volleyball..good thinking, Deezer.

notice all the Mario games made from Camelot so far aren't traditional sporting events(baseball, basketball etc.)?

I guess that makes sense, cause Mario Football or Mario Baseball would be really dumb in my opinion. I just can't imagine Mario hitting a double or Peach getting a sack...

..hey, what about Mario Skateboarding? ...it would be inspired by Skateboard Scamper...hehe..

-Luigi

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2000, 02:40:53 PM »
Why don't you argue that the reason we're not getting any Metroid games is because Mario is getting in the way!
Nintendo has plenty of time to develop for all their various characters, but they don't... why? Because they need ideas, concepts, and so forth.

It's not right to blame Pokémon and Zelda for the lack of Mario games... because there have been more N64 Mario games than any other game series... There have been 2 Zelda games for the N64, a couple of Pokémon games that weren't even directly made by Nintendo, and loads and loads of Mario games.

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Ralph Wiggum "I bent my wookie!"
Wolverine "This is... a big round room!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2000, 05:23:56 PM »
Sports games don't really get my interest.. I never played MGolf, and I've only played MTennis for a bit.. I'm just waiting for the new games to come out.., like Mario 128 (so I've heard... does fit, with the 128 thing going on in that demo..)

But Mario Kart is pretty fun, and I really like Mario Party.. (Too bad it doesn't include good 1-player support.. -_-..)

Snarf

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2000, 11:57:41 AM »
hehe...... Mario golf is awesome!! And I don't even like Golf! I like Tennis and I have to get "Mario Tennis" ASAP! I think that it'll be a good idea to create: Mario Soccer, Mario Skateboard, Mario Ski, Mario Ice-skating and of course: Mario Kart 64 - THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!
Ori Porath

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2000, 10:45:28 AM »
Don't start your crap with me, Fryguy! I'm
talkin' about REAL Mario games. There's been
ONE. And it's also because of Pokemon and
Zelda that there hasn't been a new Metroid
until now.

BANG YOUR HEAD!
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2000, 02:13:34 PM »
I think there should be a Mario Chess came, `cause I'm the captain of the chess team! But not! Oh, but seriusly, um...I would like to see like a James Bond Mario. Only, not, `cause it would be wrong. No, but, like, the ammo things could be red shells. Yeah! And...the badguy would be bowser and Wario and Waluigi, and things could happen! I'm really hyper if you coudn't tell, but I like it! Oooh! And, maybe there could be a game, staring the evil fish monkey of death, and, Mario would have to beat it, and then everyone would have sushi, and live happily ever after!

The End!

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2000, 01:59:46 PM »
Um..... right..

Print