Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 5  (Read 5141 times)

« on: December 28, 2003, 05:59:45 PM »
Is it just me, or does it have a feel like the original Mario Party? Seems like the games are simpler... a lot of button mashing ones.

Also, for those who own it, what's your Pump n' Jump yard record?

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 06:30:42 PM »
Yay!  SM is back!  I agree on Mario Party5, it's a lot better than I would've expected.  Unfortuantely, I don't own it, or remember my record.

I''m the "trick" in "eccentric".
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 06:39:37 PM »
I have... some sort of fan...? Or.. someone that likes me? I feel so special and warm.

By the way, my Pump n' Jump record is 571. Beat that, aye! (I have this trick I do where my arm spasms and I can press the A button at incredible rates)

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 06:48:31 PM »
I rented it I can do 321 yards, but I have a friend who came over and did 743, seriously. In paper mario he would always get 100% on the attacks where you have to push a button repeatedly. Its crazy.

Or is it... *shifts eyes suspiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 02:13:18 AM »
I agree about MP5.  I'm a Mario Party addict so it doesn't take much to make me happy, but I was disappointed in MP4 and then was a bit suspicious when they came out with another one in what felt like record time.  But MP5 definitely rules.

Mm, I don't remember my record.  The game's on right now in my room, let me go check.

(1 minute later) 370.  Well, that kinda sucks.  Let's go see if I can do better--in party/story mode I only press as fast as I have to to win.

(6 minutes later)  439 now.  Better but still not great--I'm not very good at the A-pushing games.

How about Leaf Leap?  My record there is 150.  My favorite mini-game is 5-minute Piece Out, though--I have 115710 there.  Need to work on that.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 10:49:39 AM »
That's quite a Piece Out record. What about Domination from MP4? I think my record was 111.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 10:50:38 PM »
I have a 127 in Domination.  But I have yet to play the MP5 equivalent.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 09:54:23 AM »
Mario Party 5 <----- HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 10:10:03 AM »
No, Todd Begin: Mario Party 4 <------- WORST MARIO GAME NEXT TO MARIO IS MISSING

I haven't played MP5 yet, but are there alot of button-mashing games? I hate those; not good at them and their not really entertaining.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 11:42:39 AM »
Mm, not really. There is actually a game called "Button Mashers," where you have to mash multiple buttons in a random order or risk being crushed under some rocks; I had a hillarious time with it once I started using my chin to mash one of the buttons. XD

I honestly reccomend it. It's much better than Mario Party 4. The only drawback I see is that Luigi's voice is still sub-par, a mon avis.

Buy it, or... rent it. Just... play it.

Edited by - Super Mario on 12/31/2003 9:45:00 AM

Kickin' it since 2000.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 12:55:25 PM »
I for one could care less how many MariO Party games they make. I enjoy the mini-games greatly. The mini-games in this one are incredible but the other modes are awesome too. The Ice Hockey and Beach Ball games are really fun, and Super Duel Mode? Spectacular!!! THis game is by far the best in the series yet. I think they should make a GCN Game called like "Mario Party: Mini-game Collection" or something and just make it a collection of all the mini-games from all the Mario Party games. That would be awesome.

I despise ignorant people.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 04:06:52 PM »
That's a superb idea, Meowrik. They could carry over the Mini-Game decathalon, too, or Mini-Game wars. But it would be great even with just Mini-Games to choose from. Perhaps they could group them... button mashing games, memory games, marathon games, etc.

I also wish they would make like, "Super Mario Bros. Cubed," because... it's been too long since Mario and Luigi have been in a platform/adventure game on a major system (not discounting the GBA, of course) together. But that's been a fantasy for a while...

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 01:13:39 PM »
You guys are really funny!  So defensive when I get you mad.  Hahahahahahaha.

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 05:51:21 PM »
Who got defensive? You voiced your opinion, that MP5 was disappointing to you, and someone disagreed. How was that an attack on anyone's character? =/

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 05:40:31 PM »
There's other topics too.

Print