Print

Author Topic: Favourite RPG games  (Read 3542 times)

« on: December 12, 2004, 08:45:56 PM »
Whats everybody's favourite rpgs?  My favourites are EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Tales of Phantasia, Final Fantasy III, Illusion of Gaia, and Golden Sun.  There are a few good ones i've heard about but yet to play, so i might get a ps2 just because, yeah squaresoft makes awsome rpgs.  I also wanna check out that Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube.  Is evolution worlds any good?

I love me, and you love me because i''''m the best and you''''re not, and I am so awsome.
~Toddy

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 09:28:20 PM »
- Super Mario RPG
- Paper Mario
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Strange that all my favorites have the same word in common.  Who would have guessed it?

I also liked Chronotrigger, Dragon Warrior I, II, & III, and Final Fantasy I, II, III, & VII

Edited by - Luigison on 12/12/2004 7:30:54 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 10:21:05 PM »
Chrono Trigger is my favorite game, I think.
I also like all the Mario RPGs, and Final Fantasy, especially FFIV and FFV.

I'm planning to get a PS2, so I can play the  Square and Monolith Soft games.

Simply put, I need to play more RPGs.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 04:56:27 AM »
I probably should play more.  I still love FFVI, and along with Chrono Trigger, I have the two memorized.  And SMRPG

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 06:47:53 PM »
Final Fantasy VII, hands down. I also like Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. They're all great games, but FFVII is the best by far. Don't even TRY to argue with me.

I
am
terribly
sorry
for
this
long
signature.
I
apologize
for
any
inconvience.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 09:03:11 PM »
That's hilarious since FFVII is like the third-worst Final Fantasy game.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 09:26:52 PM »
I say it's the third-best.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 09:38:58 PM »
I said not to try and argue with me! *Starts weeping uncontrollably* WHY ARE YOU ARGUING WITH ME!?! *Runs off crying*

I
am
terribly
sorry
for
this
long
signature.
I
apologize
for
any
inconvience.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 07:58:11 PM »
Super Mario RPG, Legend of Legaia, Parasite Eve, and if I ever play them, Parasite Eve 2 and all of the Final Fantasies
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 10:19:30 AM »
There's many great RPG's that I like. So in no particular order, here they are:

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Robotrek
Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga
Earthbound
Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 12:43:42 PM »
ff1 ff2 ff3 ff4 ff5 ff6 ff7 paper mario lufia 2 rise of the sinistrals

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 01:25:02 AM »
Secret of Mana as all-time favorite, first reason being Flammie, second reason being the peaceful atmosphere of walking through lush areas with the best RPG music I've ever heard, third reason being able to see enemies and be capable of dodging their attacks by knowing their attack patterns (so kind of like a real-time battle system that worked).

EarthBound as second favorite because it was just so weird, standing out on its own, and being what I thought was my first "real" RPG. And the Crested Booka is the best enemy of all time.

Super Mario RPG's in third because, as great as it was, it was just too easy and pales in comparison to other RPGs I've played. Super Mario RPG introduced me to the RPG scene, and no other game would have been able to do that for me, but once I got into RPGs, I found others that I grew to like better. However, I'll always remember Jonathan Jones and Croco and Boshi and Bowser-ally.

Chrono Trigger I played through recently and I'd rank it at... well, second, bumping out EarthBound (I lost hope for that game when I had to spend hours leveling up). I turned away from CT at first because of the battle system requiring the allies to wait until their bars filled up before attacking again, but once I got over that it was all smooth sailing. CT is long and satisfying and Frog is the best ally ever. And yet, strangely, I can't name any specific moments that stand out for me in CT... I just know that I enjoyed it a lot. Now, if maybe Mario characters were in CT then I'd enjoy it more.

Why I continue to try to save the world, I shall never know.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2005, 10:54:59 PM »
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. You cannot match the immense goodness of both brothers--- at the same time!!!

QUIZ TIME!!

1. Do you like the Mario Brothers??
2. Do you like the Simpsons?

If you answered 'Yes' to both questions, you are a true legend..!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2005, 10:05:02 PM »
I like the Mario RPG series, the Golden Sun Series, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.  I've never played a CT game or any other recent FF game, but they sound fun.

Print