Print

Author Topic: The Metroid Series  (Read 14928 times)

Game Over

• Banned
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:45:34 AM »
Does anyone else here agree with me that Metroid games get really boring really fast?

I mean they are alright sometimes, and there are some people I know that say they like them, but while playing Metroid Prime at a friends house, I fell asleep at 4 in the afternoon, with a group of people around, and they were all talking pretty loud.

I don't know what everyone else thinks of the game, but if you can fall asleep while playing a game in that situation it has to be boring to somebody other than me...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:27:43 AM »
Yes, I think that enough Metroid Prime games have been made (*cough*Metroid Prime Pinball*cough*). I think that more games need to be made that take place after Metroid Fusion.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 11:09:11 AM »
I only hate the fact that they get really repetative, soo much backtracking. I hate backtracking.
"Get the power! Nintendo Power! Get the clues you can use! Nintendo Power!"

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 11:37:14 AM »
Playing Metroid with a group of friends is like playing Mario Party alone.  It's unnatural.  The strength of the Metroid series has always been in its single-player experience.  Metroid Prime is one of my favorite games, if not my single favorite game, of all time.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »
I've played Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2. I never beat the original Metroid, but I think it's really fun for a really difficult game. I have Fusion and Prime, and used to have Zero Mission and Prime 2, but I lost Zero Mission (someone may have stolen it) and I got really bored with Prime 2. It didn't draw me in like the first Metroid Prime game did, and the multiplayer was terrible. I might buy it back to give it another chance, though. Sadly, I have yet to play Metroid 2 and Super Metroid, but alot of people I know claim Metroid 2 is the best game in the series.
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »
I got real bored with Zero Mission. It's sitting on my desk, collecting dust as we speak.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
I only like the original 2-D Metroid games. I'm usually not that Yoshi55-ish, but I was playing Metroid Prime multiplayer with my friend, and I thought what is this? I hated it.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 03:53:31 PM »
I agree. I think that, for at least one Revolution game, Metroid should be 2D. And just think - How awesome would that be?! You could control Samus' aim, fire and switch weapons with the remote thing, and move with the analog stick! It would rock even harder than a new Metroid Prime with the same control scheme.
every

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »
My brother and I had  MP 2, and the multi-player games......sucked.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 06:52:46 PM »
I like Metroid Prime, I have had some fun playing it so far.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 06:59:35 PM »
I like the original on the NES from 1986.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 07:02:39 PM »
Super Metroid(SNES) was very scary and freaky the first time I played it. The main reason was the music... *shivers* I kind of agree on Metroid games being repetitive, but it gets very exciting.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 07:04:55 PM »
The NES version will pwn any other Metroid game.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 08:01:03 PM »
Thankfully with the upcoming Revolution, we can all enjoy those classice games via backwards-compatibility! Downloading classic Nintendo games through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection will be awesome!

Anyways, I loved Metroid Prime. I only played a demo of it, and I thought it was sweet! I owned Metroid Fusion (the first Metroid game I played), and Metroid: Zero Mission. Both Fusion and Zero Mission were very hard, and the backtracking could get annoying. But the boss battles were spectacular!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 02:42:34 PM »
DISAGREE

Every single Metroid title released is top-quality and not boring. Every single one has been about the greatest title released on its respective system. I played Zero Mission about 15 times in a row, beating it once per day. A 2D Metroid on Revolution before Prime 3 would be a travesty, considering the controller's potential for FPS.

Metroid. Rocks. The House.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »
Funny you should say that, LD...

While I'm ABSOLUTELY looking forward to Metroid Prime 3, I've never played Super Metroid (which I've heard from various sources is the best game in the series), so it will probably be one of the first classic games I download.  So, I probably WILL play 2D Metroid on Revolution before playing MP3, and I look forward to it.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 02:56:59 PM »
I meant a new 2D Metroid on Revolution. I like Zero Mission better than Super Metroid.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 12:45:36 AM »
DISAGREE

Every single Metroid title released is top-quality and not boring. Every single one has been about the greatest title released on its respective system. I played Zero Mission about 15 times in a row, beating it once per day. A 2D Metroid on Revolution before Prime 3 would be a travesty, considering the controller's potential for FPS.

With all due respect. BS!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 02:08:20 PM »
What I meant by a 2D Metroid on Revolution was a sort of 2D FPS, or a traditional Metroid title with an FPS control scheme. They could also do it on the DS, but it might be harder to pull off.
every

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »
A 2D FPS would be a line on your screen, uninterpretable to beings of a universe with three obvious spacial dimensions.

A traditional Metroid title with an FPS control scheme would be... Metroid Prime.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 06:56:25 PM »
Something terrible just occurred to me...

How the heck are we supposed to play Super Nintendo titles with the Revolution controller?  If held sideways with the D-pad on the left, there are only three buttons easily accessible: a, b, and B.  That's even fewer than on a GBA!  SUper Nintendo had 6 buttons, the revolution controller has 3... How, exactly, are we supposed to play SNES games?

Hopefully we'll be able to play SNES games with the GCN controller...

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 06:56:53 PM »
DISAGREE

Well said, LD.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 07:13:23 PM »
I don't play the Metroid Series games, and know nothing about them.  So posting here right now is utterly useless for me and for you.  Nice going, Markio.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 07:14:31 PM »
Something terrible just occurred to me...

How the heck are we supposed to play Super Nintendo titles with the Revolution controller?  If held sideways with the D-pad on the left, there are only three buttons easily accessible: a, b, and B.  That's even fewer than on a GBA!  SUper Nintendo had 6 buttons, the revolution controller has 3... How, exactly, are we supposed to play SNES games?

Hopefully we'll be able to play SNES games with the GCN controller...
I think we're going to be able to use old controllers on the REV. If not, add the control stick.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 07:26:11 PM »
I'm fairly sure we WON'T be able to use the old controllers (except maybe the GCN controllers), and I wouldn't want to, anyway.  All my old controllers are worn-out.  And I DON'T want to use the separate joystick to play SNES games.  I want to use a D-pad, and I want to use a single controller held with both hands, the way SNES games were meant to be played.

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »
Well, the absolute worst-case scenario is having to use the GCN controller, which wouldn't be too bad. Best-case scenario they'll release attachments for the REV controller which are essentially retro controllers.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 11:00:40 PM »
I also don't want to have to buy additional hardware....

While I'm most excited about playing SNES games, we'll have the same problem to an even greater extent trying to play N64 games.  Using the GCN controller seems like the only reasonable solution, short of buying extra hardware attachments for the controller.  Even using the GCN controller to play N64 games would be sub-optimal, since we would have to use the C-stick instead of C-buttons...

I'm not sure Nintendo has thought this through....

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »
I'm fairly sure we WON'T be able to use the old controllers (except maybe the GCN controllers), and I wouldn't want to, anyway.  All my old controllers are worn-out.  And I DON'T want to use the separate joystick to play SNES games.  I want to use a D-pad, and I want to use a single controller held with both hands, the way SNES games were meant to be played.

Well I'm absolutly sure you are partially wrong because they said you could use Gamecube controllers on X-Play. What are you spazing out about anyway? That was way too much of a rant to understand.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 08:04:04 PM »
I know that on Revolution you will be able to play GCN games using GCN controllers.  What I want to know is, what will be used to play NES, SNES and N64 games? I do not believe that we will be able to use actual NES, SNES or N64 controllers, since the Revolution does not seem to have any outlets for those controllers.  As I said in my previous post, I wouldn't want to use my old NES, SNES and N64 controllers even if there were outlets for them, since my old controllers for those systems (especiially N64) are worn out.  The Revolution remote seems suitable to play NES games, but not SNES or N64 games.  The GCN controller seems almost suitable to play SNES and N64 games (though for those games I would prefer digital L and R buttons that don't hurt your fingers, as well as four digital C buttons instead of an analog C stick).

Did you specifically hear that we will be able to play SNES and N64 games using the GCN controllers?

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »
I know that on Revolution you will be able to play GCN games using GCN controllers.  What I want to know is, what will be used to play NES, SNES and N64 games? I do not believe that we will be able to use actual NES, SNES or N64 controllers, since the Revolution does not seem to have any outlets for those controllers.  As I said in my previous post, I wouldn't want to use my old NES, SNES and N64 controllers even if there were outlets for them, since my old controllers for those systems (especiially N64) are worn out.  The Revolution remote seems suitable to play NES games, but not SNES or N64 games.  The GCN controller seems almost suitable to play SNES and N64 games (though for those games I would prefer digital L and R buttons that don't hurt your fingers, as well as four digital C buttons instead of an analog C stick).

Did you specifically hear that we will be able to play SNES and N64 games using the GCN controllers?

No, but even if you can't you can probably just buy an adapter for it.

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 10:02:45 PM »

As much of a facepalm as this image is, rereading the n00bs on the first page of this thread was just as bad.

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »
I played Zero Mission about 15 times in a row, beating it once per day.

That made me facepalm just as hard, you big nerd.

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 10:29:24 PM »
y cant metroid crawl

How did that person even get down there and opened the door no less.

rereading the n00bs on the first page of this thread was just as bad.

I know. That one user that said Metroid. Rocks. The Hou- oh wait, that was you. :p

It makes me sad, but I also think it's kinda funny, watching all these new Super Metroid players. Or hearing about them, rather, since I don't have a Wii U
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »
y cant metroid crawl?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 10:54:14 PM »

?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 11:06:02 PM »
how u open these ....... doors!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 12:26:04 AM »
My favorite has to be "How do I beat this guy?"

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013, 06:58:42 AM »
As much as I laughed at "why can't metroid crawl", it reminded me of when I had a physical copy of Super Metroid when I was 7-years old, and got rid of it because I couldn't get past the noob bridge...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »
I still wonder how many of those images were troll posts.

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 04:40:30 PM »
I like how the last two are from the same guy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »
I like how he forgot her name is Samus Aran
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013, 01:48:38 AM »

I had to do my own
It's YOUR problem!