Print

Author Topic: Console condition  (Read 10145 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2006, 08:24:33 PM »
I think it might actually be indigo, but even if it weren't, it wouldn't matter, because "indigo" is always cool to say, despite not being that great a color.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 08:35:25 PM »
Speaking of GCN, my silver GCN is in prime condition. The controllers look a little worn out, though.

In fact, my only consoles that have significant damage are my N64 and DS Phat. My N64 refuses to run most cartridges, after any amount of cleaning, and my old DS's R button is broken. I believe some people know why.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 08:38:31 PM »
Oh, yeah! I forgot to list all my other systems. Let's see, I currently have them scattered all around me, so I'll just inspect them all.

GameCube: Some streaks on the black circle part, but no other major flaws. Still plays games like the day I bought it.

Game Boy Advance SP: The first three symbols of the serial number have been ripped off due to me taking off the tape. Only slight scratches and the "L" button sometimes doesn't cooperate.

Nintendo 64: I sometimes have to blow on cartriges to get them to work, but good all-around.

Nintendo DS: Small, white blotches have appeared near the creases. Tochscreen still works. The serial number is greatly faded. I don't have the original stylus so I bought a replacement pack. It doesn't get too dirty, since I've kept it in an Intec metal case ever since I got it.

Super NES: The color is a rusty tan, which is the color it was when I bought it. Looks like it has a small mark from a black crayon near the cartridge port.

Game Boy Color(s): They both have scratches on the screen and both have soft "select" and "start" buttons. One of them is missing serial information, but they both work. I'm still trying to test whether the "COMM." link works between them.

Virtual Boy: There is dust in the tight spots. The stand has a crack in it. The fabric had to be glued back on to the visor on two separate occaisions. It was once dropped, but it still works.

NES: It's wierd, because this is the best-looking of all my systems. I sometimes have to "convince" it to play games, though.

Game Boy: In good condition, but looks like there's dust under the screen.

Game Boy Advance: The "L" button is soft, but it works. I use it to take pictures.

Game Boy Pocket: No detectable internal or external flaws.

Game Boy Micro: No matter how careful I am, dust always manages to get on the screen before I put on the faceplate.

Wii: Has some smudges, streaks, and fingerprints on it from me touching it too much.

All my systems are fully functional, even though I got them all used (except the Wii). They don't get very dirty, since when they're not in use, I keep them in individual tupperware containers, and I keep all the wires, games and peripherals in individual Shoprite bags.

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 08:41:41 PM »
NDS ("Fat", Silver color) - A few scratches, and the screen's a little dirty, but other than that, it's fine.
NDS (Lite, Polar White color) - "L" button is a bit strange, but that's only because I accidently dropped it.
GCN (Silver color) - Nothing wrong with it so far.
Wii (White color) - Nothing wrong with it so far.
GBC - (Pokemon style GameBoy) Nothing wrong with it so far.
GBA (Original; Clear purple color) - The battery case has to be taped on.
GBA (SP, Onyx and Silver) - A little scratched, but other than that, it's okay.
GBA (Micro - Black Color) - Nothing wrong with it so far.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 09:13:42 PM »
SNES: Pretty good but some games don't line up with the connector board and the switches are wiggly.

N64: Perfect condition from what I can see. I use the GC cables though since the AC adapter won't work.

GBA: Perfect condition, period.

GC: A few scratches on top but it runs great and such.

DS: Top screen is wiggly, probally from dropping it once.

Xbox: DVD rom is busted and makes it where I'm not allowed to play any games or DVDs. I can only listen to music I've downloaded to the system directly.

Playstation: Real dusty from when I got it in 2000. Right before the PS2 came out, [darn]it.

Dreamcast: Dusty, has some wierd brown spots in places, broken AC adapter and no cord to plug it into the TV.

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2006, 09:45:00 PM »
...DS Phat...

Lol all over the place. XD
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2006, 10:09:32 PM »
my silver GCN
Platinum.
What kind of psycho chews on a DS stylus??
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 10:10:56 PM »
I did chew on my DS lite stylus until it stopped fitting in the compartment and I had to use my spare. Ever since that happened, I stopped chewing on my stylus.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2006, 10:11:57 PM »
On "DS Phat:" I didn't make that term up. I was just utilizing it.

On "my silver GCN:" So I don't always remember the commercial name for a color!

On "the chewing of styli (not my topic):" I always put the stylus behind my ear.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2006, 10:15:08 PM »
I put my pens behind my ear, Suffix puts his stylus behind his ear. Thus stylus = pen. Then we can assume that Suffix chews his pens, so therefore, chews his stylus. In conclusion, Suffix is basically chewing his stylus.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 12:49:29 AM »
I either put the stylus back in its compartment when I'm not using it (for longer periods of non-use, such as during gameplay in Tetris DS after navigating the menus or morph-ball mode in Metroid Prime: Hunters) or hold it between my lower thumb and forefinger, much like one would hold a pencil while tapping their chin in deep thought of what to write next (morph-ball mode in Metroid Prime: Hunters online; faster switching is required).

This marks my third straight contributing post containing a semicolon O_o
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:51:48 AM by bobman37 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 09:57:54 PM »
You can't assume I chew my pens! I also put pens behind my ear, as well as pencils, kabobs, and some keys. I also do not chew my pens, you crazy person. I find that activity to be uncouth.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2006, 10:24:22 PM »
Are kabobs like kebabs? If so, gross.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2006, 10:31:47 PM »
Yeah, kebabs. It's not as gross as you think-- I was thinking back to a time when I carried around a dowel behind my ear for some weird reason. Unlocking a door, I believe.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2006, 11:19:45 PM »
A lock with a dowel for a key? Great idea, no burglar could ever open that!
I don't put pencils or similar objects behind my ear. Wonder why not... It might be because I'd lose it in my hair...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print