Print

Author Topic: Gallery of BP  (Read 232753 times)

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #795 on: August 26, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »
11/10.

In all actuality, if I wasn't on a Mac, I'd play it
read jitsu wa watashi wa

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #796 on: August 26, 2014, 07:31:33 PM »
Oh god. It's beautiful.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #797 on: August 26, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
I think this standalone version will work on a mac

(also fixed glitches, changed controls, added controller support)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #798 on: October 01, 2014, 09:37:31 PM »

BP bought some adspace in SSB4.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #799 on: October 07, 2014, 03:36:44 AM »
Pshaw!

I shaded all the sprites I've made so far because there's going to be this water move:

which called for a darkening/contrast-raising effect (surprisingly I actually had to make a custom material shader to do this) for things made wet and shading to accentuate it. As for what else it does... nothing, yet. How anything reacts to a specific hitbox is going to have to be done on a case-by-case basis. But the funny thing is, I played Mario Sunshine again to see if it had any interesting applications for water that I could steal the [dukar] out of. And I ended up taking note of only one thing: expanding cloud platforms. Nearly everything else FLUDD does is either completely obvious, or makes no sense and is only there because when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Take away Mario's punches and kicks, suddenly everyone is hurt by water. A springboard that you switch from carry mode to use mode by spraying with water? WHY NOT. Fortunately I already have some other ideas of what to do with water, involving buckets, oversized cattle prods, ice, and things like that...

The death sequence (sans Freddie, whom I've yet to animate dying). The grave stays where it is after the player respawns and can be picked up, thrown, stood on...

Those little lantern guys on the left are just some placeholder objects for tests. In the likeness of these little lantern guys I made up for another game concept I want to do later. And as NPCs in this. And most every other game I make in the future because I love them

^That, specifically, isn't gonna happen, I drew that just for fun... although, specific stuff that's going to go on in the narrative is still up in the air and not of the highest concern. I do know that, for this, I want disconnected self-contained stories within the larger one like Paper Mario, but with a little potential for sequence breaking... or even total nonlinearity, in the case of a New Game + where you have all your moves already.

Nothing about game development is interesting and I am sorry to have betrayed your expectations
It's YOUR problem!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #800 on: November 08, 2014, 12:59:14 AM »
Felt like doing some 3D so I made this stage that I'd had in mind for years, the minish bar in TMC because the minish are gr9

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyb4hK3x1p8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyb4hK3x1p8</a>

Somebody else made the Minish Cap Link mod.

I probably won't make a whole lot more stages. I want to redo Osohe Castle and I've already got some work done on one based on Parachute but I'm running out of stages I want to replace in my Project M build and should be putting time into other Good Stuff
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #801 on: November 08, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
Those Rayminish frighten me.

GBA table's a great touch.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #802 on: December 02, 2014, 03:55:34 AM »
wow
LOL Suffix told me to get rid of the quote, so i did.
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #803 on: December 02, 2014, 05:16:07 AM »
The best way to learn forum etiquette is to make the improving edits yourself. Behold how in my ripe old age (25) I have become a most wise and...uh...benelovant, moderator.

Print