Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Jr.  (Read 18762 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 09:09:16 PM »
I also liked Meowrik's statement because I never thought about that before.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 09:12:15 PM »
I am posting in this thread because I was commanded to do it under hypnosis. Or something. Maybe I was supposed to agree with Deezer...?

It''s hard to make up your mind when you don’t have one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2004, 09:58:19 PM »
Diddy Kong has to be related to Donkey Kong in some way.

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon

Deezer was here.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 12:22:19 AM »
Maybe he's the son of Funky Kong and Candy Kong.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2004, 12:32:16 AM »
"Kong?  Isn't that some kind of dog toy?"
"Maybe it's a dance move or something..."
"The questions is... did he kong?  Get it?  Did he, Diddy?"
"Um... haha?"
"Forget it."

Is your refrigerator running?  Then you better turn off the lights to save electricity!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2004, 09:18:34 PM »
Red Paratroopa, I find your argument to be seriously flawed. What do you mean Baby Mario and Mario are never shown alongside one another? When you play the game you can certainly pair them up. And you're forgetting about Mario Golf and Double Dash!!- Baby Mario and Mario have definitely been seen alongside one another. My theory (or more factually, the website DK Vine's theory): There is obviously some way to transport characters from the past and future to the present time. Look at SSB. Link is obviously from the past. Captain Falcon is from the future. Master Hand must have used some method to bring them to the present, and I think we could logically assume that perhaps the Mushroom Kingdom has discovered this method. Therefore, when Mario needs a doubles partner (one more like him), he can call upon the aid of Baby Mario. Likewise, in Mario Tennis, Diddy apparently did not want to join DK as his doubles partner. So, taking a hint from Mario, DK brought his past self to the present to help him compete. And the younger versions of Mario and DK are too young to remember any of it, so there are no long-term consequences.

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2004, 10:57:46 PM »
I agree with Deezer, in one of his games, Cranky said,"These videogames are to advanced nowadays, back in my day, all we had was a stick and a button." In Donkey Kong64, there was a part with DK walking up to an old arcade game, there was only two controlls, Jump, move. That was it. If what you guys are talking about, it's true CK was DK then DKJ grew up to be DK. That would also state in the game DKJ, DK saves CK by defeating Mario. Thats all I've got to say.
P.S. Doesn't that mean Mario was baby Mario?
************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

Edited by - luigifan on 5/6/2004 10:02:33 PM

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2004, 11:55:35 PM »
My eyes almost burst with disbelief at that last statement. When I first came here, I knew the least about Mario than anyone I've ever seen or heard of. I knew not Luigi's name, I knew not the names of any games, I knew not the fact that turtles were called koopas and that those brown legged balls were called goombas, I knew not, even, that the pointy backed turtle at the end of the game was in any way mean or naughty, but simply a big turtle standig in front of an axe protecting it's castle from a red invader, but even I knew that Baby Mario was Mario as a baby.

Let me away from this boulder!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2004, 12:22:18 AM »
<sarcasm>Well, you know what they say: When it comes to video games, there HAS to be an absolute truth to the storyline.</sarcasm>

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2004, 05:58:57 PM »
Claws 84: What I meant was, you would never see Baby Mario in Mario's arms.

In SSBM, DK is treated as the same one throughout, and I like to follow it that way. I also believe Daisy has three eyes.

"I want us to go fowards, not backwards. Upwards, not forwards. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards salvation."- Kodos, disguised as Clinton
This is a secret coded message.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2004, 06:16:09 PM »
Red, if you're gonna believe Daisy has three eyes because of a programming glitch in one game, then you need to go rethink your outlook on video games.

Did it ever cross any of your minds that maybe the new DK Jr. is the Donkey Kong's son?? I'm sure the current Donkey Kong is capable of having children, and don't give me no garbage about him needing a wife because look at the great Koopaling mystery.

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2004, 10:16:23 PM »
*Looks at Koopaling mystery*

Everything is so clear to me now.

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2005, 03:48:15 PM »
You guys obviously aren't paying attention.  It is CONFIRMED that the current DK is Cranky Kong(Oirginal DK)'s GRANDson and is DK Jr.'s son.  In most modern Mario games, Nintendo ggets DK the 3rd and DK the 1st mixed up.  Perhaps they are both there...The point is, the current DK is DK Jr.'s son(Look in the DKC review on this site)
W/E

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2005, 11:17:12 PM »
Now that this topic is revived, I may as well say that I was just about to say the same thing as the person who revived it. From what I understand, the DK from DKC is indeed Cranky's grandson, even though apparently DK64 got that messed up.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 4/19/2005 10:18:40 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 11:56:33 AM »
For some reason there's no "New Topic" button on the main page (help please?), so I'm replying here. Does anyone have official artwork of Donkey Kong Jr from Game Boy Donkey Kong and any games released afterwards (Game & Watch Gallery etc)?

Also, does anyone have a complete list of games Donkey Kong Jr appears in (including even the smallest of cameos)?

Print