Print

Author Topic: All right now who do ya want in Smash Bros. 4  (Read 36235 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2013, 09:14:19 AM »
Why would we discuss Earthworm Jim?

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2013, 12:20:59 PM »
Probably because people want him in SSB4.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
Up until now, nobody's wanted him. Hence the question.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
I doubt the the people here count as everybody in the universe, but enough arguing.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 08:18:50 PM »
I'm pretty tired of generation 1.

Beyond that, I wish Lucario would be replaced by something no one is thinking about or asking for, something that's not pushed as a mascot in any capacity. Something like Scrafty, Cacturne, Ursaring,  etc. Something tough and appealing, but still middle-of-the-road in popularity. I feel like that's the primary draw to Pokémon. There's something in there for everybody. Each one is somebody's favorite. That aspect could use its own representation beyond the assists. Maybe even have a second Pokémon Trainer with three odd ones alongside a more predictable one with starters like Red had in Brawl.

Making it into a SSB would rob the pokémon of that status, though, wouldn't it... it's not a perfect idea. But everyone whose favorite pokémon isn't a legendary, a starter, or Pikachu, and has fantasized about it getting into Smash Bros. as a playable character should understand what I'm getting at. Not that my favorite is a nobody... at least, it hasn't been in the metagame for the last three years.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
Deoxys? I dunno. Anything but Lucario.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
I would love to see Mewtwo make a reappearance. Maybe throw in his alternate form as a nod to the sixth generation.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 08:46:46 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:27 PM »
It'll be either Zoroark or Gen VI's equivalent, sadly.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:14 PM »
Toad, because I think he's the last Mario character that deserves a playable position in this series.

After him, we start getting into spin-off characters that don't need to be playable (Waluigi) and the like.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2013, 08:35:42 AM »
It'll be either Zoroark or Gen VI's equivalent, sadly.

Yup. Nintendo sadly doesn't care about the community, just like every other game developer. They want you to like only the Pokemon that they want you to like so they could use it for advertising.  One question I have for them is why they didn't include a Machamp back in Melee when the 1st and 2nd generations were popular. He would seem like the perfect character for a fighting game, not Mewtwo.
Now with grandeur.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
Because Machamp wasn't the subject of the first two Pokémon movies?

« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2013, 12:46:36 PM »
Putting Machamp in Mewtwo's place would be like including Wart rather than Bowser.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
I equate it more to putting a Boom Boom or a Hammer Bro there instead of Bowser.

Print