Print

Author Topic: WTMK Update and Broadcasting Notice  (Read 10832 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: July 31, 2009, 08:08:35 AM »
WTMK's music selection has been going through a bit of an overhaul over the past week.  As of early this morning, music from the following games is broadcasting on WTMK for the first time:

* Alleyway
* Diddy Kong Racing
* Diddy Kong Racing DS
* Doki Doki Panic
* Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
* Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
* Dr. Mario Online RX
* Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally
* Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
* Mario Kart Wii
* Mario Party 7
* Mario Party 8
* Mario Strikers Charged
* Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
* Super Mario Galaxy
* Undake 30 Same Game
* Wario Land: Shake It!
* Wario's Woods (NES)
* WarioWare: Twisted!
* Yoshi (GB)
* Yoshi's Cookie (NES)

In addition, the general quality of WTMK's audio should be improved this week.  More updates and games will be coming over the weekend, with the eventual goal of broadcasting music from every Mario game.

Comments? Questions? Death threats?  Feel free to respond in the forums...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:50:16 PM by Deezer »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 08:33:44 AM »
And for all you seriously lazy people, WTMK's page is here, and the m3u stream file is here.

Sadly, my home connection is no longer good enough to stream it without prebuffering every 15-30 seconds. It's really nice to hear more Gamecube Mario music and less WarioWare music!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:42:57 AM by Suffix »

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:47:11 AM »
And for all you seriously lazy people, WTMK's page is here, and the m3u stream file is here.

Sadly, my home connection is no longer good enough to stream it without prebuffering every 15-30 seconds. It's really nice to hear more Gamecube Mario music and less WarioWare music!

Hmm.  I just realized that the lower quality MP3 stream appears to be gone... how many folks can't listen to WTMK under the current settings?
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 12:52:05 PM »
Ah, that was just when I was starting. It's actually pulled though an entire song on multiple occasions, often during songs I actually wanted to listen to, so never you fret. Most of us have at speeds representative of at least DSL, and most of us that have DSL have speeds of above dial-up. *sigh* This, at least, was one thing dorm life had going for it.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
* Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Aha... That explains the Sonic the Hedgehog "Star Light Zone" remix from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, it surprised me when it came up (not that I mind though; it is excellent and hadn't listened to Sonic music in a while - I miss 'ZRN).

Is Sonic now some sort of "in-law" in the Mario universe, kinda like DDP, and, to an extent, Rare DK? Food for thought. ;)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
I'd like to see Miyamoto take Sonic under his wing. He could probably make him some good 3D games.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »
That would be an incredibly devastating blow to the Sonic Team's ego. Remember, Sonic was originally the flagship of Sega that was charged with combatting Mario.

Joint projects are one thing to keep both surviving, but I doubt the Nintendo will ever be granted the rights to make a real Sonic game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:41:11 PM »
The last 5 years have already been a devastating blow for them.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »
Yeah, in retrospect, my post here sounds extremely out of date.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »
It would probably help if Sonic fans could admit that Sonic Adventure really isn't that good. Yeah, Adventure 2, Heroes, Shadow, 06, Secret Rings, Unleashed, and Black Knight were underwhelming, but without the nostalgia goggles, all of them were as good as or better than Adventure. At least none of them had any fishing levels. Everyone acts like Adventure was the holy grail of 3D Sonic that we need to reclaim, but they don't realize that the reason no game lives up to Adventure is because they're only comparing it to their own idealized mental image of Adventure from when they were eight years old.

I do have to give Sonic Team credit for always trying something new -- they haven't hit gold yet, but if they keep going somewhere different each time, they've got to find something eventually -- and for keeping the 2D series going in the meantime. Still, Miyamoto should at least come in and show them how to make a decent camera system. After ten years, it's just inexcusable.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
That way, he can get distracted and let Nintendo make SMG2 into a good game while he's not around messing stuff up.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 07:38:43 AM »
"Look, over there! An ailing franchise!"

I played the Sonic Unleased demo and, though it obviously didn't give you a sample of Were-Sonic (which I understand sucks), it was the most fun I think I've ever had with a 3D Sonic game.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 08:55:27 AM »
ALL of the 3D Sonic games are flawed, and with good reason. Want me to explain?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »
I won't argue with you there, but like I said, Sonic Unleashed seemed at least better.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 03:32:33 PM »
Flawed with good reason? What does that mean?

Print